VIP 612

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Was just wondering if anybody could give me some info on doing a receiver swap that i'm thinking of doing come Feb. due to the charge for dual tuner receivers.So what i was thinking of doing was swapping my VIP 722 for a VIP 612 because i don't really use the second tuner and cannot not see paying for it,so what i was wondering is i just used the dishin it up last year and can't remember if they offer that every year or every 2 years but probably wouldn't matter because i would have to wait till june or july of this year if it's every year.So wanted to get some feedback on swapping receivers as far as price and other people's experience doing this.

If the 722 is the Primary on your account, then I wouldn't change it at all.. Shouldn't be any difference in cost than a 612. The 612 is a serious downgrade from a 722.. The 612 is considered by many including me, to be pure Junk. Not sure why you think you would save money downgrading to the 612.

Was just wondering if anybody could give me some info on doing a receiver swap that i'm thinking of doing come Feb. due to the charge for dual tuner receivers.So what i was thinking of doing was swapping my VIP 722 for a VIP 612 because i don't really use the second tuner and cannot not see paying for it,so what i was wondering is i just used the dishin it up last year and can't remember if they offer that every year or every 2 years but probably wouldn't matter because i would have to wait till june or july of this year if it's every year.So wanted to get some feedback on swapping receivers as far as price and other people's experience doing this.

I can not speak from experience, but I've seen many trouble reports here for the 612.

Well the only reason i was looking at it is because of the second tuner B.S charge dish is talking about putting into place,cause if i'm figuring correct i'll be paying $17.00 plus $6.00 dvr fee $23.00 =crazy for 1 receiver.No i was not aware the 612 was a piece of junk guess i'll have to look at other options.

Well the only reason i was looking at it is because of the second tuner B.S charge dish is talking about putting into place,cause if i'm figuring correct i'll be paying $17.00 plus $6.00 dvr fee $23.00 =crazy for 1 receiver.No i was not aware the 612 was a piece of junk guess i'll have to look at other options.
I think you may be confused. If you have just one duo DVR receiver, that one is exempt. All you would be paying is the $6.00 DVR fee. More than one Duo DVR would get the $17.00 charge.

Fee.

I think you may be confused. If you have just one duo DVR receiver, that one is exempt. All you would be paying is the $6.00 DVR fee. More than one Duo DVR would get the $17.00 charge.

Yeah your right i was confused and thanks for clearing that up for me,i was also wondering if my second receiver which is a vip 211 will go up any i currently pay $7.00 a month for it.

I think sky said it well.

Don't listen to the chicken littles, who would have us all believe our bills are about to double.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts