Vip 622 In Box, Not!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
OHHH OHHHHH I JUST got my 622 I thought... as I heard the ups man knock on the door while i was in the shower... My wife went and got the recivers box while i was in the shower from the ups dude.. she put it on the table and knocked on the bathroom door.. and said my reciver was here.... YIPPPIIEEEE I thought... grabing the digital camera.... for the moment that I would be waiting for.... An mpg4 HD DVR as it sat on my kitchen table..... snapped a picture and opened the box.. looked inside what do i see?????????

Dissapoitment as its an empty box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres the PICS.... LOL :) Enjoy!

Off to school I go now.. Dissapointed for today atleast :)

Attachments

• Box.JPG
    Box.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 527
  • box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 449

way2rude4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2006
Rocklin, CA
Ok seriously Scott that is funny. But on the other hand what is that all about? Are they shipping empty boxes now, just to stay on schedule. What is next? Have a service call at your house to come over and drink beer with you? Come on E* get it together!

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
way2rude4u said:
Ok seriously Scott that is funny. But on the other hand what is that all about? Are they shipping empty boxes now, just to stay on schedule. What is next? Have a service call at your house to come over and drink beer with you? Come on E* get it together!

This is the second post on this. This is just the box to use to return your other receiver in. They aren't trying to put one over on us.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
way2rude4u said:

Nahh... this was the box to ship my 942 back to dish... then. I decided to keep it sence i own it.... this box should have never been shipped to me. :)

epsilon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 23, 2006
Chicago area
I got an empty box too, although my situation is a tad more complicated. I called and ordered a 622 and Platinum pack on the morning of 2/01. The CSR asked to hold on while she was getting an RA# for me to return my (owned) 6000. I said I wasn't planning to return the 6000 for $25, since I could get substantially more selling on my own, so don't bother with the RA#. She agreed. A $299.99 charge appeared under my current activity online. Later that day, because I found out about the $6 monthly charge on the receiver and they refused to send me the 622 directly even though I didn't need installation, I called and cancelled the order. The tech told me everything was taken care of and that he switched me back to my old programming (the bulk of it paid annually) and that he would reverse the $299.99 charge. Indeed, the following day the charge was gone.

So I was indeed surprised when UPS delivered a box today, torn and banged up I might add. The UPS guy was gone by the time I got to the front door and, I must admit, at first I thought it was the 622 and something had gone terribly wrong. It was, however, empty. I immediately looked up my recent activity online and, lo and behold, the $299.99 charge had re-appeared.

I don't know what to think ATM, I guess I'll have to give them a call after I've calmed down, and find out what the heck is going on.

Mike500

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Thiepval
From all of the boxes that I've seen with 411 and 211 receivers delivered, the printing on the boxes on the new ViP receivers are GREEN.

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
Mike500 said:
From all of the boxes that I've seen with 411 and 211 receivers delivered, the printing on the boxes on the new ViP receivers are GREEN.

The box my 211 got delivered in yesterday has all black lettering on it. It had the ARS label inside of it. I just packed up the old 811 and back to dish it goes.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
The box should have a label on the end with the model and serial number of the receiver enclosed, if there was one.

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 16, 2006
Got my EMPTY box today too.

Damn - just got a glimmer of hope of that MAYBE the 622 arrived and could record some of the Olympics in HD - no such luck........ *YAWN*

The wait continues

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
He he he

I'm glad you guys are rationalizing why you are receiving empty boxes from Dish. So far no one has noticed the very careful tape slicing / splicing work.

I've now got 7 622s this way!!!!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)