VIP 722 2nd tuner issue

buckeyegrad02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Cincinnati
:mad:
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that has been bothering me for a week or so. Just now having time to address it.

2nd tuner is losing signal alot when first turning to a channel (usually local stations but it has happened to all).
I can change the channel once getting the "lost signal" message and it will work when I come back to that channel.
Really bothers me when I have a program set to record on the 2nd tuner, because of that initial "lost signal" it will kill the recording.
I have done the reset like the message states and the problems just keeps happening.
I have checked all the connections, nothing has changed since first setting up the system 3 years ago.

Has anybody had this issue before and what was the outcome of it? I would like to know what is going on before contacting Dish support about it.

Thanks for the help

It's a known software bug which hopefully will be rectified. I had it happen to me just yesterday.

Could be a low frequency barrel. I've noticed a lot in the field recently where only tv2 is affected. Diplexor (if applicable) is probably the cheap kind.

Try doing a Check Switch Test. Go to the main menu, press the numbers 6-1-1, then select Check Switch on the right side of screen, then select test at Test bottom of the following screen. This normally fixes that error message you are getting.

Usuallu TV2 issues are as a result of some part of the signal from the LNBF all the way back to the TV2 sat in. So in order of looking. 1) make sure the destacker leads are in good shape, we have found the cheap crimps that Dish supplies to just have broken and of course they are not 3Gig rated anyway. Replace both the Sat1 and Sat2 to the destacker jumpers. Replace the wall plate barrel with a 3Gig rated type, usually this is indicated by a Blue insulator (sometimes red). While you have the wall plate open check the crimp connector on the inside for a quality job and of course a 3Gig rated connector. Next go back to the ground block and check the connections for water of corrosion. Try swapping leads to the Dish if you have more than one receiver and see if the problem moves to the other receiver. then its off to the dish where two steps are in order. First assuming you are an installer with a meter check the alignment, weak signal or even slightly off peak can manifest itself as a bad stacked signal, then replace the LNBF. Good luck.

Ok, Ran the Check Switch Test, everything was green and ok there. Setup a timer for ch2 and it started and kept recording. I will give it a few days after setting a few some dummy ch2 timers and make sure it completes those before trusting it again. When I get some time I will check the connections if something happens again.

Thanks for all the good input.

I'm not sure if it's a related/same issue but I've also experienced problems with TV2 with our 722k. I found that if I turn on TV2 when TV1 is off (in dual mode), TV2 will 'wake up' (goes from screen saver to actual picture) but the channel info bar at the top comes on and stays on and I can't change the channel on TV2. To correct the problem, I have to turn on TV1 from the on-box power button. Sometimes that will make TV2 work properly but sometimes it doesn't. In that case, I have to do a reset.

This is a problem that developed recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)