VIP 722 OTA issues - Cedar Rapids IA

uhf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Iowa
We're getting lots of reports of issues with one of the local DT stations in our market. KCRG-DT has no 9.1 subchannel, it shows a signal strength of 0 on the meter, but 9.2 works fine. The chief engineer has triple checked his signal and can find no issues at all with PSIP, etc. The only reports of this are on Dish OTA receivers and DVRs.

I've confirmed the issue on my 722. 9.2 shows a 98 signal level, 9.1 is at zero.
Anyone else with this issue please post here.

If you know a fix for this, by all means post it here! Also hoping to find some contact info for Engineering at Dish. The only contacts I have are for the locals department at the uplink center. If all else fails I'll call them in the morning to see if they can direct me to someone who can help us with this issue.

Thanks!

What is 9.2? Is it the channel that 9.1 used to be? Can you watch anything on 9.2? If the channel that was on 9.1 is now on 9.2 should not be a problem. One channel in my area changed from 21.2 to 21.1. I modified station name for 21.1 and the guide was correctly picked up.

according to wiki its a subchannel

9.1 is the HD feed of KCRG (ABC)
9.2 is the following
KCRG has a digital subchannel called "Local 9.2" at channel 9.2, which has a wheel of local news, weather and features on part of the screen. The remainder of the screen has a news ticker, current weather conditions, rotating weather images and program listings.

according to wiki its a subchannel

9.1 is the HD feed of KCRG (ABC)
9.2 is the following

Correct. 9.2 decodes fine and I can watch it. 9.1 says no signal, 0 level on the meter. But the tuner in my TV decodes it fine. Others in the market have the same issue, while some can see it just fine. All of the reports I've gotten, working or not, are on L6.18 for software version. I see L6.21 in the stream as of yesterday as well. Maybe it will make a difference, or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)