vip 722 recording 0 min shows

ciarabelle

Dec 6, 2009
rural,va
my vip 722 has been working fine for a year now. but recently its been recording a show or two as 0.00 min. and when i view that show - it really is about .30 of show and nada.

the time of this show is at around 4am -- so no one is up or using the dvr to interfere - and there aren't any other recordings to interfere w/ the schedule.

i thought it was only happening on one show - but last night i did the same to Fringe...

is there a way i can find out why its doing this and fix it?

there is more than 30 hrs free on the drive - and the 1st show it had issues with was an sd show (fringe is in hd).

thanks

mary lou

my vip 722 has been working fine for a year now. but recently its been recording a show or two as 0.00 min. and when i view that show - it really is about .30 of show and nada.

the time of this show is at around 4am -- so no one is up or using the dvr to interfere - and there aren't any other recordings to interfere w/ the schedule.

i thought it was only happening on one show - but last night i did the same to Fringe...

is there a way i can find out why its doing this and fix it?

there is more than 30 hrs free on the drive - and the 1st show it had issues with was an sd show (fringe is in hd).

thanks

mary lou

You need to call Dish Network and talk to Tech Support.

I had the same thing happen to me last Friday and about the same time. I thought that it might have been the system rebooting to download the guide. I could be wrong.

this has happened for at least a few months - i didn't realize it was happening till recently - since i typically watch several episodes of the show at once - so i went into the folder and saw they were all zero... i checked today - they record at all different times - 4am, 8am, 3pm... and then fringe was the other night at prime time...
trying to avoid calling tech support -- they are not the brightest bulbs in the bunch.... and frankly i dont have 3 hours to lose right now... (i spent 3 hours in chat trying to prove my remote was busted.. followed their guides and now still having the issue - so i have to email them for a new remote....) so i like to at least know what is wrong before i call and blindly follow ts. plus if i get a new dvr i lose all my recordings... not good. :)

ml

an update for everyone.. i literaly just figured out what the issue was. you see due to the economy we reduced our packages - and lost a bunch of channels that we weren't really watching (so i thought). I was watching live when it switched on me (i didn't see the timer countdown)... and then up pops this prompt about buying a channel.. and i thought i must've hit a button --- and when i went to channel down away from the 'pay' channel -- it asked to stop recording - hmm.... so a bit more looking - and i saw the two programs that were recording blank were trying to record on channels i did not have access to any more... very odd that it would record blank and not the "pay for this" message. (it was pladium music channel and diy channel).
so i deleted those timers - after finding 1 show on a channel i do have.
thanks

Hi, this is Mike with DISH Network. Glad to hear that you've figured out the issue. In the future, if your having issues with your recordings, you can find information as to why they are not recording by looking at the daily schedule. You can get to that by hitting the DVR button three times.

On another note, I would like to personally apologize about your experiences with DISH Network technical support. Feel free to continue using the forums as a way to get support as we now have the ability to assist you through this medium.

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts