ViP 722 through 'Dish'n it up'

I was told the same thing on the phone and paid the $199 to get the 722. U had to email ceo to get the credit.

As for the cables, I am working with someone else now. No update yet.

So the guy wrote back and said he had been on vacation. ??

He said that only "RCA-type" cables are included with the 722 and apologized that I was told differently by the CSR. At least I got my answer.

What I don't understand is why they don't include a HDMI or component cable. They have included S-Video for years. I explained to them that the installer left my DVR set to 480 instead of 1080 and I had to buy an HDMI cable.

Their solution would have left me with RCA (480?) and wondering why the picture wasn't so good.

I was surprised at the number of cables in my 722 box. I got a cheap set of RCA cables, a nice set of component cables and a HDMI cable (HDMI to DVI with a DVI to HDMI connector).

If you didn't get both component and HDMI in your box I think you got shorted.

As for the $100 rebate there is a form on the web site I was told to print out and use my RMA # for my 622 to complete the rebate.

722 is $229 because it requires installation

Okay, so I talked to another rep that said I could get the 722 for $229 since I need to have the dish 1000 installed (I have a dish 500 right now I think).

Ugh, I was hoping I wouldn't have to get anything installed. I have had really bad experiences with the dish installation team. When I first ordered dish, and then when I moved and had to get a new dish installed, they scheduled a day, then called me towards the end of the day telling me they couldn't make it out and would have to come out the next day. So basically I have to plan to take 2 days off work to wait for the installer. Maybe I should just go to work the day the install is scheduled and take the next day off :)

I'm surprised some people don't get cables with their 722. I got a set of pretty decent Component cables, a HDMI to DVI cable (and a DVI to HDMI converter to make it HDMI-HDMI), a set of Red/Yellow/White composite cables, and a phone cable.

I got the exact same sets of cables with my 2 VIP211s as well.

I've been thinking of dish'n up my 811 to a 622 for a while, but I've been curious about the 722 since it was released. I would definitely want to use the HDMI cable to hook up to my TV, is it worth the extra $50 to get the 722 for its HDMI performance, or are the 622 problems over-hyped.

Turtlebud - I thought installation was free for dish'n it up? or are you not using that promotion for you dish 1000 install?

722 is as good as the 622 but offers HD VOD via the net in the future maybe, but also has more storage. I'd pay 50$ more to have more storage and a newer revision of hardware.

Wiring/Switch Question

New HD PPV Channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)