VIP 722K to a Computer Monitor/Stereo Amp

md123

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
New York
VIP 722K to a Computer Monitor/Stereo Amp

I split the signal going to an SD tv from antenna 2 on the VIP 722k. I tested both runs from that split and they both work. One run goes to a TV, and I want to hook the other run to a flat panel computer monitor. I plan to use an RF Modulator with a Coax input and use the RCA outputs on the RF modulator. The audio RCA outputs will go to my audio amplifier. The video RCA output from the RF Modulator will go to an RCA to VGA adapter (can't post the link as a new member but its the "Brainydeal DVD VGA RCA S-video to Laptop Computer PC VGA LCD Monitor Converter Switch Adapters" from amazon.).

My question is this: The TV in my bedroom is set to channel 60 to receive the coax signal on the Antenna in input. If using an RF Modulator as described above will it "see" the signal being that it's 'coming in' at channel 60? Does that matter? Also, if the RF modulator outputs onto channel 3 or 4, will the RCA to VGA adapter see the signal?

Thanks in advance.

What?

An RF modulator converts from RCA to coax, not the other way around. And there's no "channel" on RCA connections.

you understood me correctly. I thought an rf modulator could go from coax to rca. Do you know of a way to go from coax to VGA?

lol. It would be a mess. I think i need a demodulator with a vga output. I saw some online for about 80 bucks, and that would be all i need. At that price though i might just ditch the monitor and buy a cheap tv.

It is a mess which could be avoided with the simple expedient of using a flat panel TV rather than a flat panel computer monitor (without a tuner). There may be a standalone NTSC tuner available with VGA output, but the last time I tried finding such a thing, it was too expensive and I decided "hell with it" and upgraded my 625 to a 722 and two 612s instead. ;)

you understood me correctly. I thought an rf modulator could go from coax to rca. Do you know of a way to go from coax to VGA?

It's awfully bulky, but an old VCR would be the cheapest way to go from coax to RCA, then the RCA-to-VGA converter that you mentioned in your first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)