vip211 HD OTA issue but only with FOX-HD

mikeinaustin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
OK here is my situation: i live in north austin and own a 622, a 211, and have a new plasma tv with built-in OTA. Using the exact same large antenna (8ft) and cable all 3 show signal strength from 90%-100%. However, here are the actual picture results:

plasma tv with built-in OTA : fox HD (07-01) - perfect, all other HD - perfect.
622 OTA : fox HD - virtually perfect, all other HD - perfect
211 OTA: fox HD - totally unwatchable, constant freezes and color blocking, all other HD - perfect

again, 211 OTA is perfect for all local austin HD channels except for FOX HD. anyone have any thoughts on this???

My guess is a multipath problem and your tv is better at correcting it. Do you know the real RF channel Fox is on? If so try tuning nearby analog channels and see if you have ghosting.

Same Exact Issue!

Hi, I live in Round Rock and have the same exact issue. All HD OTA channels are fine but Fox HD is unwatchable due to pixelation and jumpy picture/audio. I finally gave up and split my OTA signal to have one line go directly into my TV so that I can watch Fox withough the errors (Fox HD through my TV tuner is perfect). This means I have to change inputs though to go from Fox OTA to all other channels through the 211...

Glad to know it's not just me. Another crappy Dish product that my $140/month gets me...

An observation-
On my 211 when watching 720p channels OTA like FOX or ABC, after about 20 minutes the severe A/V breakups start. Changing the channel does nothing, but powering the box off, counting to 5, powering back on... seems to clear up the breakups.

Maybe others can try it.
Hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)