vip211 Screen Saver a bug?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnaivar

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I leave my 211 on 24 hours a day because it's in a public display area. I did the same thing with the 811 it replaced. Even with the "unattended" actions turned off, the screen saver pops up every day (I think in the wee hours of the morning when the guide refreshes). After discussiong this with my Dish Technician I'm wondering if this is actually an unnecessary bug brought over from the DVR versions of the new MPEG4 receivers. I mean, I know the screen saver comes on on those models to protect the internal hard drive, but why do you need a screen saver in a non DVR model? :confused:

I do the same thing leave my 211 on all the time so heres what you need to have disabled. to stop the screen saver from coming on.

And you are correct if the receiver auto updates in the early morning you get the screen saver and have to rehit power to turn the receiver back on no way around it unless you do the steps below.

Menu 6-1-6 disable updates (but your receiver will only update if you turn it off for the night)

Menu 8-7 and disable standby

That sould do the trick for you

Last edited:
JIGGIEFLY said:
I do the same thing leave my 211 on all the time so heres what you need to have disabled. to stop the screen saver from coming on.

And you are correct if the receiver auto updates in the early morning you get the screen saver and have to rehit power to turn the receiver back on no way around it unless you do the steps below.

Menu 6-1-6 disable updates (but your receiver will only update if you turn it off for the night)

Menu 8-7 and disable standby

That sould do the trick for you

Thank god for a search feature that works!!!!:D

Just got off the phone with a Level 3 tech at Dish and they wanted to send me out a new unit.

I had assumed that the disable Standby had bad code in it as I had that disabled.

This is a serious issue and will surely come back up again in the coming days and weeks.

Thanks for the solution. Charlie owes you a steak dinner - though he'll never pay up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts