ViP622 - Bad Switch?

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I have 2 TV's working off of a ViP622. It's a little over a year old, and I've never really had any major problems. I've noticed in the last 2 or 3 days that when I turn on TV2 I get a message about a bad switch as soon as I turn it on, but then 2 seconds later the message disappears and everything comes up OK. I haven't gotten any messages like this on TV1 so far. In the past I've run the diagnostics (just for the heck of it) and it's always said there was a problem with the switch, but I figured it was just some fluke or firmware bug or something like that since everything seemed to be working OK. Is this something I need to be concerned with?

Seeing same symptoms. I had to run check switch twice Sunday, it got hung on Guide download.

Now I'm noticing more oddities. I did a check switch (hadn't done that in a long time) I got the message "T[1] Invalid DishPro Switch detected, Code 15,A1" on Satellite Input 2. It then went into "Acquiring satellite signal" mode like I had rebooted the box, but I hadn't rebooted it. It sat there and never did anything, so I rebooted it by holding in the power button. It went through the "Acquiring" mode OK that time. I did a second check switch and got the "T[1] Invalid DishPro Switch detected, Code 15,A1" message on both Satellite Input 1 and Satellite Input 2. I went into "Point Dish" and started looking at signal strengths. Signals were fluctuating. I have 80 to 81 on 110, 92 to 93 on 119 (but it was showing 0 before the reboot), and 78 to 80 on 129.

What software ver does your 622's have?

Same exact problem here. Done several check switches and reboots to no avail. It basically telling me that one of the Sat inputs has no signal.
I'll start pulling cables and messing around a little more tonight before I call the tech.
Lame, I haven't had many problems before this that just started last night.

Try unplugging the sat cables to your dvr. Run a check switch without them connected to clear out the matrix. Then plug them back in on the opposite sat tuners and re run the check switch with them plugged in. This should help you unless you really have a tuner out. I have had to do this a couple of times and it is something I learned to do from the tech department. It usually works everytime.

Try unplugging the sat cables to your dvr. Run a check switch without them connected to clear out the matrix. Then plug them back in on the opposite sat tuners and re run the check switch with them plugged in. This should help you unless you really have a tuner out. I have had to do this a couple of times and it is something I learned to do from the tech department. It usually works everytime.

Yup. It did the trick. I also switched out my seperator while I was at it.
One of you guys always have it figured out. :up
:)

Glad to be of service . :)

Now next time this question comes up , you can pass the good advice along. Eventually everyone will know what to do when this pops up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)