VIP622 Installed - Yesterday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djmav

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
San Leandro, CA
I ordered my 622 on Feb 2nd, received an install date of March 5th (yesterday).

After reading all the horror stories, I made sure to call Dish two weeks after to make sure they had everything in the order, dp44 switch, d1000, hd platinum etc.

Two weeks prior to the install checked again, everything is there they tell me.

Called again two days prior to install date, everything is there they tell again.

Sunday, installer shows up early and say's I'm here to swap out your receiver and I say you are here to swap out my receiver, install d1000 dish so I can get 129 for HD.

Hmmm, he says, not in my work order. I called Dish and said for a whole month, I've been calling and you've been telling me everything is in the workorder and now the installer is here and he does not have the required hardware for the install.

Sorry sir, they tell me, it was a mixup and we have to reschedule your install until April 20th. I told them, this is a bunch of crap. Why should I have to suffer the consequences for your CSR's stupidity. She got the supervisor on the line and said sorry sir, there is nothing we can do.

I told the supervisor, here is what you are going to do. One, tell the installer to move my dish pointed currently at 148 to 129. You will activate my 622, you will give me credit for a month since you won't be able to install the d1000 and dp44 switch until the 20th of April. She says, okay sir, we will do that for you, I made sure to get her name and employee #. She tells me okay you have been activated for the HD GOLD package. I told her what part of HD Platinum did you not understand? She says, oh you wanted HD PLATINUM, there will be a charge for changing the programming. I say, you are crazy if I am going to pay you for your CSR's not having the right information.

So anyway, after the swap out and the dish pointed to 129, I am now enjoying the VIP622.

Knock on wood, as I am not experiencing the problems that are mentioned in the forum with the 622.

I am having some check switch issues with the 625 but I will tech support on it later.

Point of my post. Just because they tell you everything is honky dory doesn't mean that it is.

crazy

As far as I know, they aren't supposed to charge you the change in programming fee unless you are downgrading anyhow. So why she even said that to you when you would have been upgrading, I would wonder about. Besides, if they really do charge it for ANY change, they would lose some business I would think, because why would someone want to pay them to increase their bill each month?

So the moral of the story is:
1) Don't bother calling Dish, just hope the guy shows up with the right stuff.
2) Have a ladder handy for the guy. Dish asked me if the installer would need an extra tall ladder (yes).
3) Have a few tools ready for his use........

Last Dec. when I first HD-upgraded I knew the installer would be dispatched from a certain city (approx. 75 miles away, strange since there are several closer per E*'s website!). I did not ask for their name and phone number, but I was fairly certain I had that information from a prior "false alarm" reinstall call in Aug.

The reasons for this particular thread, coupled with other service "miscalls" detailed in this forum, will cause me to ask who the installer will be in advance when I finally go for the 622. (I think I can be persistent enough to get that information, perhaps by name-dropping until they confirm it.) Once confirmed, I will try to establish contact with the installer in advance rather than rely on the E* CSR to get it set up correctly. If E* won't tell me who they've scheduled me with, I'll try contacting the local installers directly to see if I'm listed in their schedules. Regardless of the means by which I get in contact, the installer can at least confirm that I am scheduled with them and when, and tell me what's on the work order. If there's any conflict I can then sort it out in advance with E*.

Has anyone else tried this approach? I actually have another motive; the guy who did my last install was a real class act and I would really like to have him come again. Besides - he deserved a tip for the last install that I didn't even think to give him - I didn't know that was even common then. Next time I'll tip him twice...!

My install was Saturday and the work order had nothing about setting up the 622 for two rooms, or that my 510 was being moved to a third room. Installer was cool and said we could call dish or for an extra $20 he would take care of everything I needed. He let me take a look at the work order so that I would not think he was trying to rip me off. I am just glad he showed up with the right parts and equipment.

If you've got local retailers, try to get the upgrade through them. Many won't do it because they don't make any money off of it, but others (that are diversified) will - just to make a customer of you and try to satisfy other needs you might have (home theatre, security, internet, etc.).

As for ladders - ALL I carry is a 12' folding one. If more than that is needed, hopefully you have it, because it's difficult for me to carry a 24'er on my micro-van. :D

bryan92 said:
He didn't have to borrow your ladder too, did he? :D

He sure did. His wasn't tall enough to reach our roof.

It was also his first ViP-622 install and I had to explain to him how the RF 2-channel output worked. He was surprised to see that I could get two channels on my "remote TV".

Amazin' ain't it?

Larry
SF

Every 622 install get dish 1000?

I am scheduled for my 622 install this weekend. Does every install get a dish 1000? I currently have a dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119, and a dish 300 pointed at 61.5. I am in Michigan, so should I expect to get a dish 1000 installed this weekend with my 622?

Probably not.

I don't think installers can do these upgrades. You have to call Dish.

I called Dish last night todo the upgrade, and I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it all went (I did call a HDTV rep and not a regular CSR). The guy I was talking to knew exactly what I was talking about!! He told me due to my geographical location that I would be getting a Dish 1000. So maybe it all depends on where you are located or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)