VIP722 and antenna

Does the VIP722 only pick up channels the uhf range? My tv can get the 8.1 and 8.2 but my dvr cant.

My ViP722 DVR picks up many channels in the VHF range. For example 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 - but they are actually digitally broadcast in the UHF range and the 722 converts them -- I think that's how it works?

Others may disagree

Does the VIP722 only pick up channels the uhf range? My tv can get the 8.1 and 8.2 but my dvr cant.
It picks up any and all digital stations, UHF or VHF. Have you deleted and re-scanned your locals since the digital transition? Some stations that were broadcasting digital signals on UHF, have gone back to the VHF frequencies their analog signals USED to be on. ALSO, if you are using a UHF only antenna, your distance to the VHF towers may have something to do with it, though I tend to doubt it since your TV is picking them up.

My TV picks up HD signals over 100 miles away. My 722 can not get a lock on one 14 miles away.
I believe antennaeweb.org lists the actual channel numbers along side the map down assignments if you want to try tuning in the actual frequency.

Tuners vary on different equipment. I get channels on my ViPs that some TVs & other equipment can't get, and vice versa.

happy to report I finally got the signal for 8.1 and 8.2 to show up. Took some playing around, vip722 doesn't seem to like antenna signal level to be much below 60. Anything less than that and it would register at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)