VIP722 freezing up now won't reset

craig559

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
For the last month my reciever has been freezing up on both recorded and live shows. It will not repond to any commands. Sometimes it would resume after a couple of minutes on its own and other times I would have to do a soft reset. Tonite it started doing it often and now even with a hard reset it will not even come back to the Dish tips screen saver. The last time it did I got a screen telling me an error had occured and I may not be able to pause or record live TV. I believe it was code 333. I would click the OK button and then it would go to the aquiring sat screen and freeze at step 2. Rite now I am running my 3rd hard reset and as with the other 2 it has been almost an hour and all I get is a brief green light and a couple of screen flashs then a few minutes later the same thing, almost like it is running in a loop over and over again with just fan noise.
As a side note I did get in earlier to do a check switch and all was good and a system info check and it came up good.
Lastly my installer asked me to call him before Dish with any problems, does this sound right. This was in July of 08 that he did the install.
Any ideas?????????????????:confused:

I had this happen. It turned out that my unit was stored in a cabinet with no "breathing" room. It killed the hard drive inside and acted like yours. Dish came out and moved the unit and all has been well.

As fas as calling the installer instead of dish depends and who you called to setup your dish account. Did you call dish or an indepedennt store?

Time for another 1

For the last month my reciever has been freezing up on both recorded and live shows. It will not repond to any commands. Sometimes it would resume after a couple of minutes on its own and other times I would have to do a soft reset. Tonite it started doing it often and now even with a hard reset it will not even come back to the Dish tips screen saver. The last time it did I got a screen telling me an error had occured and I may not be able to pause or record live TV. I believe it was code 333. I would click the OK button and then it would go to the aquiring sat screen and freeze at step 2. Rite now I am running my 3rd hard reset and as with the other 2 it has been almost an hour and all I get is a brief green light and a couple of screen flashs then a few minutes later the same thing, almost like it is running in a loop over and over again with just fan noise.
As a side note I did get in earlier to do a check switch and all was good and a system info check and it came up good.
Lastly my installer asked me to call him before Dish with any problems, does this sound right. This was in July of 08 that he did the install.
Any ideas?????????????????:confused:

It's time to get it exchanged for another unit the HDD has gone bad. Tun don't walk to the phone & get them to get you another. If you don't have DHPP time to add it so it won't cost as much.

I called Dish the other day and had them just send me another one. I this problem with the first 722s I got. I told the CSR guy just send it because I had done everything to try and fix it. I went out and bought another EHD to transfer shows off before I switch them out.

My 722 is in a cabinet with the VCRs and Stereo etcs but I installed two fans in the rear for ventilation. Every few months it will freeze then I have to do a hard reset then it will be fine

UPDATE ON THREAD

WELL DISH SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE THE UNIT, SO I DECIDED TO UPGRADE TO THE 922 WITH THE $200 DEAL. NOW THE UPGRADE SYSTEM HAS BEEN DOWN SINCE YESTERDAY. JEES I WONDER ABOUT THERE COMPUTER TECHS.

So do I

WELL DISH SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE THE UNIT, SO I DECIDED TO UPGRADE TO THE 922 WITH THE $200 DEAL. NOW THE UPGRADE SYSTEM HAS BEEN DOWN SINCE YESTERDAY. JEES I WONDER ABOUT THERE COMPUTER TECHS.

I can't log into my account to do anything. Emailed them and was told system was updating at the time. Wrong anser I still can't log in to it.

Another update

Installer came on Tuesday to install my 922. As he was taking it out of the box I asked if he had installed many 922's and if he thought I would enjoy mine. He had this strange look and said he had no 922's and what he had with him was a 722k and he checked his paperwork and it did say it was supposed to be a 922. Well to make a long story short he hooked up a 722k so I could have dvr functions and had to cancel my upgrade and make it an exchange. Said he would call me later that day to let me know when my 922 would be in and then I would have to call Dish again and redo my upgrade order. So I say alright and now I have not heard back from him.
Anyway I came home from work last night, turned on my tv and now I have no audio using the HDMI plug. Tryed resetting and no luck so hooked up using component and rca audio and I have to call Dish for another exchange. JEES just venting. Been with Dish for over 15 years and never had these kinda problems.