ViP722k DVR to 2 HD TV's

Chasing_Cars

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
US
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my Vip722k Dvr to 2 HD TV's and receive an HD signal for both?

Also did a quick search for HDMI splitter 13.00, bigger cost would be a say 30 ft HDMI cable about 40.00 That is if you wanted both in HDMI.:)

Just make sure to get a powered HDMI splitter, I have not found a non powered model that will work with DN equipment. ( not saying they are not out there, I just have not found one to work)

Yeah, an HDMI splitter came to mind ^ but I assumed that I would only get the same channel on both televisions.

I suppose I will have to opt for another HD receiver and pay that monthly fee. Companies today sure know how to take people's money. :mad: Thanks for the help everyone.

Yeah, an HDMI splitter came to mind ^ but I assumed that I would only get the same channel on both televisions.

I suppose I will have to opt for another HD receiver and pay that monthly fee. Companies today sure know how to take people's money. :mad: Thanks for the help everyone.

its not about taking money so much as the technology and equipment involved. if your tv2 is in a different room, how are you going to run components or hdmi to that room? im sure dish could make a dual hd box, but who would be able to utilize it?

Eh.. well my other room is literally on the other side of the wall. So a 6ft HDMI cable would be more than enough. But that's not that point, I know what you're saying.

They gave me the option of buying the box for $400 (ha, yeah right) or renewing my contract for another 2 years and charging me another $10 a month. Guess I know which one I'm doing.