VIP722K installation Questions!

georgiaveteran1

Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Georgia
Hi,

I'm new to the site and I hope you can help ease my mind about my recent installation. We just upgraded to an RCA HD 42" model L42FHD37R TV, which the Dish remote will not program to due to the lack of the correct code and the Dish Network VIP722K receiver.

The guys that did the installation had a problem with the first Dish receiver because the guide info would not download, so they had to install the second. When they did a setup on the second receiver, something wasn't right, so they disconnected one of the cables coming from the dish and put a splitter on the other cable to connect to the two connections on the back of the receiver.

The receiver shows satellite 110 119 & 129 in the setup info. The first receiver was showing a "Point Dish" strength of 86 but this second only shows a strength of 63

The instructions clearly show two cables connected to the receiver so my questions to the forum are:

Why would they install a splitter and only use one cable?

Isn't it better to have two cables instead of one from the amplifiers?

Is this splitter causing a decrease in signal strength to the receiver?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

ki4cmj@gmail.com

Are you sure it was a splitter and not a DPP separator? Also, the 129 satellite is usuall in the 60's(at least where I live). Your 110 and 119 should be peaked out in the 80's.

That's definitely a DPP separator. Don't worry about the signal strength. You don't really have one SS/orbital location, but rather a different signal strength for each transponder (up to 32) on each orbital location. (Some have fewer than 32.) Looking over somebody's shoulder doesn't work very well when they may be flipping through transponders, changing satellites, and changing tuners quickly. Basically a SS in the 80's is good for QPSK transponders, while 60 is good for 8PSK transponders.

On getting your Dish remote to control your RCA, I recommend scanning for the darn thing. Directions in your manual.

TheKrell said:
On getting your Dish remote to control your RCA, I recommend scanning for the darn thing. Directions in your manual.

One step further teach the remote. It is probably a 20.0 remote. Instructions should b with it or dish.com

csmith5111 said:
One step further teach the remote. It is probably a 20.0 remote. Instructions should b with it or dish.com

Definitely look in the manual for teaching the remote, it is explained very well and you should be able to program more functions than a default code will allow ex. menu, input and stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)