VIP722K SOFTWARE L796 AND BLOCKBUSTER HOME

rwalborn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Southern California
For years I have been connecting broadband on my 722K to the a Buffalo N300 router with DD-WRT software which is connected wireless to another Buffalo N300 router which is connected to a Time Warner cable modem. Anyhow, everything seems to work flawlessly until the latest L796 firmware update. The 722k still indicates that broadband is online and Diagnostics can send status and receive a confirmation code. However, when I try to explore TV shows , movies etc on the 722k using rhe Broadband I get a Unable to connect to the network server error 145 message. Has anyone seen anything similar?

The wireless connection is not the problem. I can connect to the internet through that router using my laptop and browse the internet using my Panasonic DVD with the same router. I can not hard wire the 722k ethernet to my primary router because it is on the other end of the house. I thought L796 was the latest because that what is shown on the screen.

My 722K has L802.

The wireless connection is not the problem. I can connect to the internet through that router using my laptop and browse the internet using my Panasonic DVD with the same router. I can not hard wire the 722k ethernet to my primary router because it is on the other end of the house. I thought L796 was the latest because that what is shown on the screen.

Maybe he really has a 722 not K. If so, I'm still a 722 not K owner too. Firmware revision looks familiar.

OK, let me crank her up and see what's what...

Yup; L796. No issues here.

When I had this issue on my 722, it turned out that Time Warner had purchased a block of IP address that were used in HI. When they were moved to CA, they didn't update the location information and Dish thought I was trying to access the content from a location I shouldn't. I got the information about the IP range from Time Warner and gave it to a network person at Dish. Once they verified the range, they were able to update their system to allow them. Problem solved.

Don't know if this is your issue, but it's worth looking up your IP address info and seeing if it's location matching your actual.