Voom antenna with a 211?

clauderains

Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Is is possible to use the Voom antenna with the 211? If I remember correctly the Voom receiver powered the antenna. So I was wondering if the signal strength would be enough or if there as a way to power it without the Voom receiver.

Also would I have to switch the receiver OTA options every time I wanted to go from watching ota locals to dish locals or vice versa? And how does it show up on the EPG/on-screen tv guide?

That may depend on what antennae that you got from Voom. I have the 'upgraded' - SquareShooter one. Before I got E*, I bought a power supply for that antennae to get it to work. The 942 powers it fine, but I hear that the newer receivers do not power the antennaes, so that may be an issue.

You have to scan the OTA locals into the system. Once there the channels show in the guide and be colored yellow, while the sat channels are a very light blue. There is no problem going from OTA to sat and vice versa. Note: the guide info will show 'Digital Service' unless you subscribe to the local package through Dish, then you may or may not get info.

I think I have the Winegard Sensar with diplexer (box attached to the back of voom receiver).The antenna is kind of shaped like a helicopter blade.

This is a powered model but you can buy a generic power injector at many electronics stores or online from Winegard direct.

I'll probably check local electronic stores. I was looking at the winegard ones to get an idea of what I'm looking for exactly and there are two different ones. Besides being different in design, one unit has a 110 VAC input and outputs 18 VAC and the other unit has a 120 VAC input and outputs 15 VDC. Which one do I need and are there any advantages to one over the other?

Winegard PS-9370 TV Antenna Power Supply Pre Amp Power Inserter Injector In-Line 18 Volt (PS-9370) | PS-9370 [] | Winegard PS-9370 TV Antenna Power Supply Pre Amp Power Inserter Injector In-Line 18 Volt (PS-9370)

Winegard PS1503 Power Injector / Inserter for Pre-amp 15 Volt (PS-1503) | PS-1503 [] | Winegard PS-1503 TV Antenna Power Supply Pre Amp Power Inserter Injector In-Line 18 Volt (PS-1503) ps10

Besides being different in design, one unit has a 110 VAC input and outputs 18 VAC and the other unit has a 120 VAC input and outputs 15 VDC. Which one do I need and are there any advantages to one over the other?

Either one should probably work. The specs on the Sensar say it utilizes 12 volts. I know I use an 18 volt injector I picked up at Fry's with no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)