voom channels, are they worth the cost.

ww2154

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I have superdish with 811 receiver, I need to know if the voom channels are worth the 5 extra dollars and the 100 fee for the second dish. I have the hd pak now and it is hard to justify 9.99 for them.

ww2154 said:
I have superdish with 811 receiver, I need to know if the voom channels are worth the 5 extra dollars and the 100 fee for the second dish. I have the hd pak now and it is hard to justify 9.99 for them.

Do any of your locals require a second dish pointed toward 61.5? If the answer is yes your second dish would be a free install. As far as the additional $5.00 a month it's worth it.

10 channels in hd for five bucks seems like a good deal to me. reasearch their programing and see if it will be something you watch.

cpdretired said:
Do any of your locals require a second dish pointed toward 61.5? If the answer is yes your second dish would be a free install. As far as the additional $5.00 a month it's worth it.

My locals Macon Ga are not on 61.5 .

So far..

I think they are worth it.

There are alot of repeats but if you don't just sit infront of your TV for days straight you can watch different stuff.

I put up the second well really third dish pointing at 61.5 for $20 bucks, it's not too hard really. I would probably pay 10 bucks for the extra 10, so 5 is good. There is something for everyone in that 10 package, I am not a big sports fan, but the scenery alone was spectacular last night on RUSH HD. I kept waiting for the TV to start dumping ocean water in the bedroom, I inflated a life raft, but it never happened.

You can't rent two DVDs for less than 5 bucks. You may be able to find more than 4 hrs worth watching the V*HD channels. I know I can.

The campy Monster HD's are great.

The RUSH is worth it just to see some crazy action and the remote locations.

The travelogues on Equator are nice.

There may be more, as I'm just exploring them. :)

All this HD activity is driving me to the point where I might send back all my current equipment and buy that 942, YIKES!

BFG said:
All this HD activity is driving me to the point where I might send back all my current equipment and buy that 942, YIKES!

What HD activity? I don't see anything new. ;) :p

NightRyder

BFG said:
Get a 921 if you can still find one... :) ya might get lucky and get a good one like I did...I recorded Rave video mix this a.m. early and am watching Hd videos now... :DWorth it... God Cheap Trick got OLD! :D

I think I'd rather have the 942, good chane that it will be included in the MPEG4 upgrade and I like the fact that the GUI is prettier, it has NBR, HD PIP, and 2 room outputs.

That's what I deffinetly need it for, no way am I waking up at 6AM to watch music videos lol

BFG said:
I think I'd rather have the 942, good chane that it will be included in the MPEG4 upgrade and I like the fact that the GUI is prettier, it has NBR, HD PIP, and 2 room outputs.

That's what I deffinetly need it for, no way am I waking up at 6AM to watch music videos lol
Was 4 my time when the timer fired... :)

I'm a former Voomer who just switched to Dish on Friday. The only Voom channels I watched were Rave (music) and Rush (extreme games). The others are great, but I can honestly say I never watched one of those old movies in its entirety. I'm waiting until no second dish is required (if even possible) and when all the Voom channels are just part of the HD Pak.

Then your probably looking at either never or close to it but hey if you qualify for your locals you can have them install the second dish free if you do not ask for voom channels right away. After your installed call and add voom to your package then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)