Voom.com gone again??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zombie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Voom.com is now service up the ceased taking orders message again.

Yeah but do we know who owns voomllc.com?
A whois returns the following..
Whois Search Results

Search again (.aero, .arpa, .biz, .com, .coop, .edu, .info, .int, .museum, .name, .net, or .org):

Domain (ex. internic.net)
Registrar (ex. ABC Registrar, Inc.)
Nameserver (ex. ns.example.com or 192.16.0.192)

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: VOOMLLC.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS51.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS52.WORLDNIC.COM
Updated Date: 01-mar-2005
Creation Date: 01-mar-2005
Expiration Date: 01-mar-2006

So this tells us that it was registered yesterday and its dns being served by networksolutions (those dns servers are networksolutions dns servers).

VOOM is still owned by CVC. CVC board has voted to shut down the service by the end of March. Voom.com is owned by CVC. Until CVC and Dolan Sr reach an agreement expect voom.com to stay on the shutdown message. The fact that CSRs are still taking orders for installation points to the possibility that CVC thinks they might still reach an agreement with the Dolans and sell VOOM.

I would expect that if an agreement is not reached by sometime next week, CVC will have no choice but to send out letters to subs saying the service is about to be cut off. This will really hurt any chances of VOOM surviving since a lot of subs would probably jump ship when they got the letter and it would be hard to convince them that it is safe to come back. There is now a lot of time pressure on Dolan Sr to reach an agreement before the cutoff notices go out...

mike, I am just surprised that you refused to believe/ignore what transpired over two hours ago. It may mean nothing but it means that there is something going behind the scenes which we were able to see. Whether it happened to be true or not. www.voomllc.com seems to be legit. Why would anyone do this and put up with the legal consequences? I am sure J. Dolan knows about it as well.

We are waiting for an agreement and I think the thread was just stating that the Voom (old site) site was down again.

mike123abc said:
Lets see there is:

http://www.hdtv-voom.com
http://www.valueelectronics.com/Voom.htm
http://myvoom.tripod.com/
http://www.skylinkcommunications.com/voomla/programming.htm

These are all dealer web sites vary in the "look and feel" of the VOOM web site. Notice they all have different 800 numbers to call. VOOMLLC.com could just be a dealer web site.

It could be. I am not denying or re-affirming that it is not. I am just saying that at this point everything is conjecture until we know more facts. Right now, as we know there are two websites:

www.voom.com with the shutdown message (legit from CVC)
www.voomllc.com ---> we do not know who owns it.

Yet the events that took place this afternoon makes you wonder if the parties involved are not pissing over each others foot.

lets see: voomllc.com comes up, in a few minutes voom.com is no longer stating the shutdown message, at one point voomllc.com points back to voom.com, voom.com goes back to shutdown message, voomllc.com goes down, a few minutes later voomllc.com goes back up. Did it all happen by accident?

Both phone numbers have the same recorded message and options (at least when I tried it about an hour ago).

whois
zombie said:
Yeah but do we know who owns voomllc.com?
A whois returns the following..
Whois Search Results

Search again (.aero, .arpa, .biz, .com, .coop, .edu, .info, .int, .museum, .name, .net, or .org):

Domain (ex. internic.net)
Registrar (ex. ABC Registrar, Inc.)
Nameserver (ex. ns.example.com or 192.16.0.192)

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS51.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS52.WORLDNIC.COM
Updated Date: 01-mar-2005
Creation Date: 01-mar-2005
Expiration Date: 01-mar-2006

So this tells us that it was registered yesterday and its dns being served by networksolutions (those dns servers are networksolutions dns servers).

WTH are you looking at?

Code:
MC SQUARED INCORPORATED (MTYONWCFND)
   17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
   PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
   US

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
	  MC SQUARED INCORPORATED  (MS5023-ORG)			 cgentile@mcsqd.com
	  17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
	  PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
	  US
	  609 818 0725 fax: 609 818 9205

Record expires on 01-Mar-2006.
   Record created on 01-Mar-2005.
   Database last updated on 2-Mar-2005 16:22:47 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS51.WORLDNIC.COM			216.168.228.28
   NS52.WORLDNIC.COM			216.168.225.192

The 866-931-VOOM number is registered to CVC/VOOM. Here is a cached copy (for a while at least) of the voom.com web site that used to have this phone number on it:

http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?p...ml&w=866+931+8666&d=3A839801C7&icp=1&.intl=us

Note that the address was www.voom.com/util/offers_details.html

On a personal note I really hope that VOOM indeed does get sold to Dolan Sr and survives. It would be nice to have more competition in the DBS market and I would consider switching to VOOM once they came out with a DVR.

Voomllc.com is registered to MC Squared ...

MC Squared has a press release on their main page about a joint venture with Kestral Communications LLC, called FullCircle LLC...

Following a link in that press release to the FullCircle LLC site you find another Press Release about FullCircle winning an award for producing Vooms Marketing CD.

FullCircle Wins MarCom Platinum Award

Looks to me like MC Squared's voomllc.com site is legit.

Itsy bitsy pieces...

...between the lines...MC Squared (formula for energy)...FullCircle (back to where I was before the demon seed exploded)...VoOming again!
party08.gif
:D Vicki

Bluzman said:

MC Squared has a press release on their main page about a joint venture with Kestral Communications LLC, called FullCircle LLC...

Following a link in that press release to the FullCircle LLC site you find another Press Release about FullCircle winning an award for producing Vooms Marketing CD.

Exactly my point. :cool:

Bluzman said:

Only in the land where Kevin Bacon is king.

Do you see MC Squared list of clients on their website? Do you see their list of services? Do you see web design listed? Do you see any reason why they would have this hosted as a /voom domain in a frame instead of a direct web server?

It boggles the mind that people take one shred of hope and treat it like it is the absolute final proof positive that all is well. The only thing the existence of that /voom site and the frame page at voomllc.com and newvoom.com proves is that someone who has the ability to register a domain name for MC Squared and has access to their webserver (but evidently not DNS tables and server setup) really likes Voom and wants to make it look like it is succeeding.

voomhdllc.com was registered tonight. Will it be a mirror of the /voom site?
voomlives.com is still available ... for now.
Getting a domain registered and frame pointed is easy.

JL
veek.jpg

justalurker said:
Only in the land where Kevin Bacon is king.

Do you see MC Squared list of clients on their website? Do you see their list of services? Do you see web design listed? Do you see any reason why they would have this hosted as a /voom domain in a frame instead of a direct web server?

It boggles the mind that people take one shred of hope and treat it like it is the absolute final proof positive that all is well. The only thing the existence of that /voom site and the frame page at voomllc.com and newvoom.com proves is that someone who has the ability to register a domain name for MC Squared and has access to their webserver (but evidently not DNS tables and server setup) really likes Voom and wants to make it look like it is succeeding.

voomhdllc.com was registered tonight. Will it be a mirror of the /voom site?
voomlives.com is still available ... for now.
Getting a domain registered and frame pointed is easy.

JL
veek.jpg

Sorry I know it hurts but the Website www.voomllc.com is real... Whether you believe or not. ;)

Can anyone actually connect MCSquared to Chuck and Tom? Just because a company that did marketing for voom puts up a half assed single page site doesnt mean anything..

I hope voom survives, but this does not give me the hope it seems to give some of you..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)