VOOM has updated website

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
unfortunatly with this updated website (and i hope i am wrong) i would not expect more adds soon then....Boy i hope i am wrong

Good. I see that the Marquee Plus Pack has Discovery HD Theater and NFL-HD. I guess the Sports Plus Pack is out for the moment. I guess this is where, Bravo-HD+, INHD 1 & 2, ESPN-HD and others will end up if they were added.

rang1995 said:
unfortunatly with this updated website (and i hope i am wrong) i would not expect more adds soon then....Boy i hope i am wrong

I will expect that with this there will be a massive of advertising plus independent retailers (other than Sears) will start in March 2003.

Encore HD

Sean Mota said:
I will expect that with this there will be a massive of advertising plus independent retailers (other than Sears) will start in March 2003.

:confused: I do see they have Encore HD coming Soon on the Starz HD Pack. I now wonder why no coming soon for ESPN or INHD?????

butlers said:
:confused: I do see they have Encore HD coming Soon on the Starz HD Pack. I now wonder why no coming soon for ESPN or INHD?????

According Bob Clasen, President of Sales and Marketing for Starz Encore Group VOOM and Starz struck the deal already. So it is just a matter of adding the channel when Encore goes HD. See this thread for details.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=6345&highlight=encore

The ESPN and INHD deal is still in negotiation.

Sean Mota said:
According Bob Clasen, President of Sales and Marketing for Starz Encore Group VOOM and Starz struck the deal already. So it is just a matter of adding the channel when Encore goes HD. See this thread for details.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=6345&highlight=encore

The ESPN and INHD deal is still in negotiation.

Thanks for the info Sean. I just wonder what the hold up is for ESPN. I'm sure these guys have to realize the importance of that channel to the service. So when is the new deadline for the additional channels. When can we expect to see ESPN. Does Cablevision carry ESPN HD? If so , you would figure that V* would know exactly what is needed to close the deal!!!

ESPN and ABC (who owns ESPN) are very hard to negotiate. Even cable companies have problems getting a deal. See the news about Cox.

Question for those that know. On the Voom web site they say that they Starz and Showtime plus packs are on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available and that their authority to use it expires on 4/5/04 and they might even need to give it back earlier. So the question is what will happen with these two plus packs???

rad said:
Question for those that know. On the Voom web site they say that they Starz and Showtime plus packs are on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available and that their authority to use it expires on 4/5/04 and they might even need to give it back earlier. So the question is what will happen with these two plus packs???

I would not worry too much about it. The FCC scheduled the next auction for July 14, 2004 (Auction No. 52) and said the following about the licenses to be auctioned.

Source

Licenses to Be Auctioned

Auction No. 52 will include three licenses for unassigned channels at orbit locations of 175° W.L., 166° W.L., and 157° W.L. The license to use the two available channels at the eastern orbit location of 61.5º W.L., which was included in the list of licenses available for auction in the Auction No. 52 Comment Public Notice, will not be offered in Auction No. 52 because there remains pending the issue of whether any eligibility restrictions are appropriate for this license.

So it looks like VOOM will remain with the two transponder that Echostar gave them and where the Starz package resides.

rad said:
I better not cancel cable yet. Part of the reason I signed up was when they added hbo they had all the premiums, that is what i watch the most.

pmalve said:
I better not cancel cable yet. Part of the reason I signed up was when they added hbo they had all the premiums, that is what i watch the most.

Read my post above. Since the FCC has not a decision on this, it will remain to be seen if the FCC even put these TP as part of a future Auction. Again, these will be least of the worries; VOOM knows that these TP are essential and even if an auction is setup, not everything is lost and they have the resources to bid for it.

The fact that the FCC past on it tells you a lot.

Voom fine print

:rolleyes: Anyone notice this small print on the Voom website?

The STARZ! and SHOWTIME PlusPacks are delivered on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available. Rainbow DBS's regulatory authority to use this capacity will expire on April 5, 2004. In addition, Rainbow DBS may be required to cease transmitting over this capacity earlier than that date. If you have any questions about this, please call us toll free at 1-800-GET-VOOM.

What's that about???

geoffe said:
:rolleyes: Anyone notice this small print on the Voom website?

The STARZ! and SHOWTIME PlusPacks are delivered on satellite capacity that is only temporarily available. Rainbow DBS's regulatory authority to use this capacity will expire on April 5, 2004. In addition, Rainbow DBS may be required to cease transmitting over this capacity earlier than that date. If you have any questions about this, please call us toll free at 1-800-GET-VOOM.

What's that about???

geoffe,

Welcome to the board. That fine print has been there since day one. Echostar gave two transponder to VOOM and these are the two TP where Starz and Showtime are located.

I would not worry too much about it. The FCC scheduled the next auction for July 14, 2004 (Auction No. 52) and said the following about the licenses to be auctioned.

Source

Licenses to Be Auctioned

Auction No. 52 will include three licenses for unassigned channels at orbit locations of 175° W.L., 166° W.L., and 157° W.L. The license to use the two available channels at the eastern orbit location of 61.5º W.L., which was included in the list of licenses available for auction in the Auction No. 52 Comment Public Notice, will not be offered in Auction No. 52 because there remains pending the issue of whether any eligibility restrictions are appropriate for this license.

So it looks like VOOM will remain with the two transponder that Echostar gave them and where the Starz package resides.

Sean Mota said:
geoffe,

Welcome to the board. That fine print has been there since day one. Echostar gave two transponder to VOOM and these are the two TP where Starz and Showtime are located.

Source

Licenses to Be Auctioned

THIS IS GOOD

On Lives Starz on VOOM

rad said:
This may be a little late but I saw no actual answer. I am new to using forums. I have not join VOOM yet but I talked to a represenative today about that very thing and she told me that Voom just signed a long term contract. So on lives my favored premium package on Voom. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts