Waiting for refund

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The thing about it being a Citi Bank card and can only be used under certain situations is ridiculous.
However, thats sounds to me like it's on Citibank, not D*, however, it looks like Citibank is the company they decided to use.

I have had cards that were set up like that before, theres no such thing as it can only be used for such and such an item, but sometimes it won't work because you have to knwo how much money exactly is on the card and it has to be rung up thru the cashier first before any other portion of the bill your getting.
Or sometimes it is the other way around: you have to pay everything except the remaining balance on the card in cash before using the card to finish paying for your transaction. I would prefer to not have to deal with a refund at all: I just don't overpay my bill in the first place. Whenever I cancel service from any TV provider, I cancel at the beginning of my billing cycle so I don't owe them any money and they don't owe me any refund.

Well, I also was entitled to a refund of more than $100 dollars. And I got this Citi Debit card. What I want to do is to tfr the refund to my checking account. I can't do that. I have now spent about 65 minutes calling this or emailing that. All I get is a runaround.
It is NOT UP TO DIRECTV to tell ME how I can use MY REFUND.
I have simply concluded that D does not believe in taking care of their customers and do the right thing for them.

Well, I also was entitled to a refund of more than $100 dollars. And I got this Citi Debit card. What I want to do is to tfr the refund to my checking account. I can't do that. I have now spent about 65 minutes calling this or emailing that. All I get is a runaround.
It is NOT UP TO DIRECTV to tell ME how I can use MY REFUND.
I have simply concluded that D does not believe in taking care of their customers and do the right thing for them.
Directv is not telling you how you use your refund, but if you read you RSA, it mentions about the citi bank card for refunds. If that is how they choose to issue refunds, as long as you are able to use every cent, then it is proper. If you really want to transfer it, build a pay pal account, pay yorself, and then withdraw the money from PayPal.

A refund via a bank card that can't be cashed out is just tacky! How about if you pay them with a card that can't give them cash?

Doesn't bother me any if a company sends me a debit card for a refund or a promotion, and I've never ever had any problems at all using one. People who complain about not being able to use them are usually not using them properly. If whatever you're trying to use it for is a higher dollar amount than what's on the card, you always have to tell the cashier that you want to put $XX (XX being whatever amount is available on the card) on that card and pay the rest another way. And if you want to use it for gas you have to go inside and tell the cashier you want to buy $XX of gas (again, XX being the amount available on the card). If you don't, the pay at the pump will attempt to put a hold on the card that will be declined. The register (or gas pump) has no way to identify that it's a rebate/promotional debit card or what amount is available on it, and if the amount due is more than what's available on the card it'll get declined - just like if you don't have enough credit left on a credit card or enough money in your checking account for your personal debit card. Those rebate/promotion cards work just the same as any other card you have in your wallet. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: ChadT41
A refund via a bank card that can't be cashed out is just tacky! How about if you pay them with a card that can't give them cash?
Cash is rarely Ever done with a major bill. You don't go to the D* store and give them cash ....

That said, you can go to the ATT store and I believe they Will take your cash for D* now.

You could not do that with D* prior to the merger ...

That said, you can go to the ATT store and I believe they Will take your cash for D* now.
I just asked at a company owned AT&T store and they said that they aren't accepting payments for D* (cash, credit card etc.) yet but they said it was in the works.... As of now they still are considered separate entities they said. That said I guess it's possible authorized retailer stores might be already doing it but I doubt it.

I just asked at a company owned AT&T store and they said that they aren't accepting payments for D* (cash, credit card etc.) yet but they said it was in the works.... As of now they still are considered separate entities they said. That said I guess it's possible authorized retailer stores might be already doing it but I doubt it.
I'm thinking it will continue to be separate accounts for a while till everything gets settled ...
I'm surprised that they are not taking D* bills by now though ...
I was just at an att store today and didn't think to ask.

I know not with you. I meant with anyone who is questioning the ethics or principles of it. It is still money, just like any other money.

Yeah it is still money I didn't have before. I could use it to buy $100 of groceries and that means an extra $100 sits in my checking account that I didn't need to use. It all goes in to the same place so I don't see why people complain about this. Never made sense to me

Reactions: Jimbo and ChadT41
I think the issue is that when they issue checks they sometimes never get cashed. Then people find them 3 years later and it's a fight with Directv because the bank wouldn't honor it after so many months.

Even when I did dishstore rebates, I remember my book keeper told me we had several hundred dollars in outstanding un-cashed checks.

I remember I used to UPS the checks so I had a tracking number when people claimed they never got them.

When you go the Visa card route, after so many months they charge a $5 service fee per month which eventually eats the balance on the card after a few years.

The only nice thing about the Visa card route was I kept a list of all the numbers and expiration dates on file.

Customer claimed they never got their card, we would check the balance. If it was not used, I would run the card for the balance on my credit card terminal and mail out a replacement card.

On paper checks, it's too much of a hassle to do a stop payment with the bank.

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tampa8
Agreed. Curious how this is an issue of any sort.
The issue is a little deeper than you think,d-tv took money out of my bank account,directly out of my account.Now there is a THIRD PARTY(citi bank) involved.Direct tv,now gives my name an address to citi bank whom now sends me credit card applications every month,that I am not interested in.After calling citi bank,they said it could take up to 2 years to get off there mailing list.It's now been about 9 months and I am still receiving credit card applications.Direct tv could have refunded my money,by depositing it back in my account,since they had my banking info.Another small point is,if they keep my money for months and a million other peoples money,they are hanging onto for months,that adds up to a lot of capital.IT'S REAL SIMPLE,I PAID GREEN FOR THEIR SERVICE,AND I EXCEPT GREEN IN RETURN.i REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM ANY LONGER.

You paid electronically, unless you walked into the DTV accounting and handed them money. They are returning electronically, using a third party to do this, as they have come to the conclusion that this is the easiest and cheapest way overall to get it done. Also, as far as the applications, they are lying to you. You can be put on a do not contact list, and you can go through the United states Postal Service, and apply to have your name removed from receiving advertisements. If they continue outside a reasonable time, they are committing DNC violations, which you can turn over to the FTC. Now you refusing to do business with them any longer gives them no reason to want to expedite you refund. You are already in a state that is going to tell people how bad they are, so they can do it in what the general populous would consider a reasonable time(aka courts). When you do get your card, jsut like the electronic payment made to them, you can use it electronically to pay what you need to pay. And the cycle of life starts all over.

If you think waiting the time Citibank will take to refund.... Try getting a refund from Sprint. Took 6 months and a BBB filing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)