Want to add a third receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LadyInfinity

Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
PA
Hi, Just got dish a few days ago so Im a newbie at this so be gentle :)

, From what I see i have dish 500 with Lnb DPPlus Ak72-bte.
And so far the two receivers I have are

625 and 322

I just got another 322 bought off ebay and was wondering what is needed to set the 3rd receiver up. Switch ect. Thank you adhead of time

Edit : posted in wrong forum page sorry

Last edited:
You need to check the lnb, it may have three outputs on it (it probably does not). If it does, you only need to run a rg-6 coax from the lnb to the location for the third receiver and use a DPP separator to feed both inputs on the 322. The separator looks like a splitter and should come with the receiver. Run a check switch and you should be done. If it only has two, you need to get a DPP33 or DPP44 switch, the two lines currently coming from lnb need to go to the 1 and 2 inputs on the switch. the current coax runs can then be connected to the switch and a third rg-6 coax run to the location of the new receiver. You will need to run a check switch on all three of your receivers for this setup to work.

I checked its a DPP twin that i have, is there a huge difference between the dpp33 and dpp44 switch? and if possible can i get away with a dpp33

You need to check the lnb, it may have three outputs on it (it probably does not). If it does, you only need to run a rg-6 coax from the lnb to the location for the third receiver and use a DPP separator to feed both inputs on the 322. The separator looks like a splitter and should come with the receiver. Run a check switch and you should be done. If it only has two, you need to get a DPP33 or DPP44 switch, the two lines currently coming from lnb need to go to the 1 and 2 inputs on the switch. the current coax runs can then be connected to the switch and a third rg-6 coax run to the location of the new receiver. You will need to run a check switch on all three of your receivers for this setup to work.
If your Dish 500 has Dish Pro Plus LNB's the DPP 33 will NOT work. You have to change the LNB on you Dish 500 to a Dish Pro LNB. Either a Twin or a Quad.
http://www.trainhpts.com/Trainhpts/Dish%20Alerts%20and%20updates/QF-IC_DPP33.pdf

I checked its a DPP twin that i have, is there a huge difference between the dpp33 and dpp44 switch? and if possible can i get away with a dpp33
The DPP44 Is around $160-$200, Sometimes less on Ebay, But don't forget the Power inserter. This needs to be Plugged in. But allows 4 Dual tuner Receivers.

The DPP33 with the Dish Pro LNBF is around $120-$160 depending on who you buy them from, Again Might be less on Ebay. And You will have to Buy 1 more Seperator $5-$10.
3 Dual Tuners is all you can have .

Last edited:
So, is also a option to just get a 1000.2 and lnb setup a possiblity then i would need a switch then, right ?, i was checking around, looks like i may be able to get one off ebay cheaper than getting the ppp33 switch and new lnb's ? LIke i said from the beginning i want to have 3 dual receivers hooked to this (322,322,625).

Yes, a 1000.2 is an option, and already comes with 3 outputs. But I have trouble believing you can get it for less than a DP twin and a DPP33 due to shipping costs. That big dish is heavy, and you would have to have it aligned (or align it yourself). Without manhandling your Dish 500, you can take off it's DPP twin and replace it with a DP twin or two DP duals (or singles) without messing up the current alignment.

The odd thing was when i first ordered dish i did take a HD package then called up and cancelled, they were going to give me a 500 and wing guard or whatever its called, and i said i didnt want two dishes, i wonder why they didnt offer the 1000 to me at the time, and that was just two weeks ago.

Yes, a 1000.2 is an option, and already comes with 3 outputs. But I have trouble believing you can get it for less than a DP twin and a DPP33 due to shipping costs. That big dish is heavy, and you would have to have it aligned (or align it yourself). Without manhandling your Dish 500, you can take off it's DPP twin and replace it with a DP twin or two DP duals (or singles) without messing up the current alignment.

Couldn't have said it better himself. :up:up

The odd thing was when i first ordered dish i did take a HD package then called up and cancelled, they were going to give me a 500 and wing guard or whatever its called... i wonder why they didnt offer the 1000 to me at the time...
I'm guessing your HD locals are on 61.5. If you have SD receivers as well as HD receivers, and your HD locals are on 61.5, then you can't get by with the single-dish "eastern arc" solution. You have to go with a wing dish. Where in PA are you?

Im in central PA (coal region area) I am just running SD now, and dont plan on getting the HD anytime soon , so I take it if I do get the 1000.2 , it wont do me any good for HD then IF later i would somehow decide on HD ?

so I take it if I do get the 1000.2 , it wont do me any good for HD then IF later i would somehow decide on HD ?
Actually the HD national channels are mirrored on 129. So once you upgrade to HD, then all you would be missing are your HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)