Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Want to be on Monday Night's Charlie Chat?

DISH Networkis looking for SatelliteGuys Members to join in the fun with Jim and Charlie via Skype!

To get your chance to be on the Charlie Chat please contact DISH now via Skype! Contact them at DISHnetworkstudio via Skype now!

And when your on in the spotlight on the air with Charlie and Jim don't forget to say high to your friends here at SatelliteGuys! :)

Hey Charlie...
I'm on dial-up....
you'll hear my next......word.......in....about...........5........................minutes. :rolleyes:

the heavy screening does a dis serice to the company, people used to call with real complaints and get them fixed.

i think charlie lives in a bubble controlled by his handlers and is unaware of lots of issues till they cause a big problem, that must be fixed.

I'd have to have more than just a single sentence to ask with at least a few questions.

From a installer first tell him Dish is frickin crazy on the percentages of connectivity they are trying to get, then I'd ask WHERE IS MY ESPNU HD!!!!???, and lastly I'd ask him why are you raising rates so much in current economic times that many people can't afford such rate increases.

Why bother Charlie and Jim won't answer the hardball questions customers have. Besides skype callers won't get past the screeners. It's just like trying to get by the screeners when you call in on the 800 line. :(

Want to be on Monday Night's Charlie Chat?

DISH Networkis looking for SatelliteGuys Members to join in the fun with Jim and Charlie via Skype!

To get your chance to be on the Charlie Chat please contact DISH now via Skype! Contact them at DISHnetworkstudio via Skype now!

And when your on in the spotlight on the air with Charlie and Jim don't forget to say high to your friends here at SatelliteGuys! :)

Why bother Charlie and Jim won't answer the hardball questions customers have. Besides skype callers won't get past the screeners. It's just like trying to get by the screeners when you call in on the 800 line. :(

Yea I was on the horn, and then they saw who I was and I suddenly got the ax due to the guest going over on his time.... :( Not cool!

Yea I was on the horn, and then they saw who I was and I suddenly got the ax due to the guest going over on his time.... :( Not cool!

Send an e-mail to CEO@DishNetwork.com.

After all, they exposed their e-mail addresses in the g-mail invitation to those showing interest in "DishOnline Beta," so include them in your complaint. The more people there are to listen, the more chance of getting something done.

When you compose your letter about your issues, however, follow a few simple rules of communication etiquette:

1. Compose and format your e-mail just like a letter sent via snail-mail. Use proper SENTENCE and PARAGRAPH structure.

2. Be concise in your statements, complaints, questions and reasoning.

3. USE PLAIN TEXT. Fancy HTML complaint letters, with huge ALL UPPERCASE SENTENCES and graphics are harder to read and sometimes computers are used to scan incoming e-mail. PLAIN TEXT goes a lot further.

4. Use REAL WORDS. E-Mail to a corporate office is not twitter or texting. Spell it out completely. Example: when one of our major clients receive resumes and employment inquiries with texted or twitterized sentence structure they are immediately files in the garbage can.

5. Run SPELL CHECK. If it's not available on your e-mail client, then compose in Word or some other editor with a SPELL CHECKER. The copy and paste your final document. I always compose long messages in Word because it is so easy to send an incomplete message and really fowl yourself up.

6. Use the correct form of a word:

- foul does not equal fowl;
- their does not equal there;
- four does not equal for;
- wright does not equal write, which also does not equal right;
- lose does not equal loose;

If you don't know which spelling or form of a word to use, LOOK IT UP in an online thesaurus.

7. Keep your cool. No swearing, no threats. No one wants another bitching customer to deal with. State your case, but keep it civil.

Remember, they know who you are when you give them your phone or account number and can see all of your account activity, including notes from CSRs, programming changes, adds, deletions, cancellations, and whether or not you have been a royal pain in the butt or attempted to intimidate CSRs in the past. EVERYTHING YOU DO WITH A CSR BECOMES A PERMANENT NOTE IF THE CSR TYPES IT INTO THE SYSTEM.

8. State your case CALMLY.

- Restate your INSTALLATION: self or installer;
- Restate your EQUIPMENT - sometimes they have it wrong in your computer system;
- What is the problem;
- What is the basis for your determining it is a problem: gossip from a neighbor with DN; SatelliteGuys.us; the DN website; another source;

- BE ACCURATE
- PROOFREAD your e-mail.
- SPELL CHECK your e-mail.
- Use proper punctuation and grammar

9. Thank the person you are writing to, in advance, for considering your situation. Being polite in a world where all most people do anymore is bitch, will make your issue seem important to the person reading your e-mail. If you have been polite throughout your note and thank them for their future assistance, it will probably make them feel good because no one else has done so in all of the previous correspondence which has crossed their desk.

10. Restate your CONTACT INFORMATION: name, address, city, state, zip-code, phone, e-mail address, and account number, in the E-MAIL you send. If it's in front of them when they are reading your stated issues, they are much more likely to contact you right away.

11. Keep God out of the conversation. Please, don't get me wrong or attack me for this statement, but God is now being cited for everything from politics to disease to the being able to punish someone because they don't think the same way as someone else. The Nuns, Priests and Preachers and Pastors bless me on a regular bases - bestowing extra blessings when we fix something for a religious group who has a limited budget, and I do appreciate such blessings when they are given in the proper context.

No one, however, needs an extra page of "God will bless you and your family eternally for fixing my problem if you can straighten this mess our for me and you will rot in hell if you don't."

That kind of statement is a passive-aggressive threat that no one appreciates. Besides, unless you are commenting on "must carry" or complaining about an installer backing down from a homeowners association threat when they were there for an FCC approved installation, there is no room for either politics or religion in a complaint letter.

We've all become complacent - no, we've all gotten LAZY with the inevitable transfer of communications from snail mail to e-mail, to texting, to twitter. We abbreviate everything, construct non-sentences, misspell words, have no concept of sentence structure. Because of our shortened attention spans, we now want every line to be a new paragraph.

If we don't communicate our problems effectively then no one is going to listen.

Take the time to construct a well-written letter about your issue and someone will listen and help.

Four of my very close friends are involved in politics. One on a City level in Chicago, one on a State level in Illinois, and two in Congress, in Washington DC. Each of them has told me time and time again they will give significantly more weight to a well written snail-mail letter than to ten thousand e-mails on the same topic.

Their reasoning is that it is simply too easy for a special interest group to swell the masses and cause a barrage of e-mail complaints to be generated.

They also reason that a well written snail-mail letter is carries more weight and is better to receive because they know it took the writer a whole lot more time to sit down. compose their thoughts, and write a meaningful letter than it does for someone to go to a website, fill out a form, or crank out another e-mail -- most of which are poorly written, and, in many cases, simply don't make sense because the writer was upset at the time and didn't bother to read what he or she wrote before hitting the send button.

As my Grandmother always told me, way back in the 50s and 60s when I was growing up, "A drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of vinegar." Her advise is still good today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)