Want to get another HDTV - Are two 622s possible?

IceMan5043

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
OK guys, here's my current situation. Right now I have one HDTV and 3 standard TVs. The HDTV and one standard TV is hooked up via a 622, and my other two standard TVs are hooked up via a 522. Notice that every TV has a DVR. This is a MUST and cannot change! Now, I'm thinking of getting another HDTV, for a total of two HDTVs. Since I want to retain a DVR on EVERY TV, the simplest solution to this would be to get two 622 boxes feeding everything. But I have heard in the past that Dish does not like this for some reason... So my questions are whether or not this setup is possible, and if it isn't, what the best setup is for my situation. Also, how much will I be paying extra? I don't want my bill to go up a penny if possible as I would only be swapping receivers... I currently lease both my receivers and had to pay Dish $300 for the "right" to lease my 622. Gos knows I'm not about to do that again. And finally if all else fails and I can't get a decent offer from Dish, my cable company has been sending me some pretty sweet offers recently... So, basically, what I want to know is how I can set up my house with two HDTVs and two standard TVs with all sets having a DVR. Thanks for any help!

I think you can have two 622 on your account, but I dont think they will normally lease you but one...meaning you would likely have to purchase the second one.

You might be able to talk them into letting you lease the second one, but go straight to the executive office by emailing ceo@echostar.com...don't bother calling CSRs. Even if you do lease the second one, you'll have to add another $6 lease fee to your monthly bill, not to mention the up-front lease upgrade fee to swap the 522.

exec resolution team

Email the exec resolution team at ceo@echostar.com. They will probably be able to work it out for you. You will need to give your acct #, phone # where you can be reached and they will call you back. I don't think I would try on the holiday though.

Thanks guys. Kikkenit2, did you pay a trade-up price for the second one also? I don't think I am willing to pay TWO trade-up prices, especially since the first trade-up was $300 with no rebate of any kind. I'll look into the e-mail after the holidays, as whatchel1 suggested.

Yes I paid a trade-up from 2 942's, but like I said I don't remember how much. Sorry. I also have D* with 2 of their tivos and an hr20 coming next week. The costs start to just run together. Yes they are expensive compared to cable but I don't watch live tv any more and the cable here sucks.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Kikkenit2, did you pay a trade-up price for the second one also? I don't think I am willing to pay TWO trade-up prices, especially since the first trade-up was $300 with no rebate of any kind. I'll look into the e-mail after the holidays, as whatchel1 suggested.

You can add 2 622's with DISHn It Up if you have 2 942 receivers. The upgrade cost is $199/per unit. If you are lucky, exec resolution will allow you to do something similar. Dealer cost for 622 is over $400, so this is your best bet.

Good luck

The upgrade to a 622 is $199. If you upgrade from an HD based DVR like the 942, you can get a $100 rebate back. Also, if you don't have a "metal" based HD package yet, I believe you can get the $10 for 10 month credit if you upgrade to a "metal" package also.

And if you have another 622, you will need to email ceo@echostar.com to do the other upgrade. I just did it this week and I now have 2 622s leased. I upgraded my 811 to a 622 and got the $10/10 rebate. And just upgraded a 942 to a 622, and will send in for the $100 rebate. So it cost me $198 to upgrade a 811 and 942 to 2 leased 622s.

I already have the metal DishHD Gold package (I got it in conjuction with the 622), and got that package JUST before they started the $10 off for 10 months promotion and lowered the leasing price for a 622 to $199, so I payed $299 for mine without any rebate. So now I have one 622 and one 522, and would like to replace my 522 with another 622. So as I understand it I would need to email ceo@echostar.com and pay a $199 upgrade fee. Now, would I be eligible for any rebates this time around? If not cable's going to be the way to go for me once I get the second HDTV.

They will have to address this since HD TV's are getting so cheap.

CC had a good deal on a 50" Plasma for $1299.

Bedroom HD TV's are going to start to get more common place. The biggest thing holding me up is the HD box for the other room.

Dish is going to need a whole house unit soon. I'd love to have a second 622 and be able to feed HD between the two.

I already have the metal DishHD Gold package (I got it in conjuction with the 622), and got that package JUST before they started the $10 off for 10 months promotion and lowered the leasing price for a 622 to $199, so I payed $299 for mine without any rebate. So now I have one 622 and one 522, and would like to replace my 522 with another 622. So as I understand it I would need to email ceo@echostar.com and pay a $199 upgrade fee. Now, would I be eligible for any rebates this time around? If not cable's going to be the way to go for me once I get the second HDTV.
Technically, the $100 rebate is only for upgrading from an older HD PVR like the 942 or 921.
But if you are serious about switching to cable, I would email the ceo address with your account and phone number and see what they say.

Yeah your best bet is to deal with them through E-mail due to they usually can give you a better deal and move things along faster.

OK guys, here's my current situation. Right now I have one HDTV and 3 standard TVs. The HDTV and one standard TV is hooked up via a 622, and my other two standard TVs are hooked up via a 522. Notice that every TV has a DVR. This is a MUST and cannot change! Now, I'm thinking of getting another HDTV, for a total of two HDTVs. Since I want to retain a DVR on EVERY TV, the simplest solution to this would be to get two 622 boxes feeding everything. But I have heard in the past that Dish does not like this for some reason... So my questions are whether or not this setup is possible, and if it isn't, what the best setup is for my situation.

I'm considering the fact I may have more than one HDTV in the house in the near future. I already have all my DVRs accessible to all my TVs in the house via my whole house system. My 942 (single mode) is directly hooked to my HDTV and TV2 is feed to one of my two 8x8 composite video switchers/matrices for the rest of the house. The 508, 510, DVD & VCR are also feeding the switcher. I am looking to get one more 8x8 switcher so I can feed the house with component video switching (one 8x8 for each of the R-G-B signals). I need to get the component to CAT5 Baluns so I can get the signal to each TV via CAT5 only since I did not run 3 coax cables to each location. This allows me to have all my receivers in one location and viewable at any location so I don't have to set multiple timers of the same show. The switchers aren't cheap, but they are the way to go if you want a clean signal to each set. I have the Elan Z880s. They have a Z883 for a single component switching option rather than (3) Z880s. I also have the Elan System 6 for the audio and IR signal routing.

There are other whole house solutions like Russound & Niles. I just found a local dealer who sold the equipment for cheap on a favor.

Please post what kind of deal you'll be able to get, because I'm in a very similar situation (looking to switch out my 522 for a 2nd 622).

Potential E* subscriber interested in two 622's

I'm interested in subscribing to E*. I have 2 HD sets and 1 SD set. Currently E* will only lease one 622 and one 625 for my setup. If possible I would like to avoid paying for a second 622. As a potential new subscriber could I get a deal on leasing two 622's? Or maybe a price cut on the purchase of a 622? Thanks.

Stupid Question...

I assume that I cannot simply buy another receiver on ebay and hook it up? And that I am limited to 2 receivers? I have a 622 and a 2-tuner dvr (can't remember the number) and just bought another HDTV. I want to hook up this new HDTV to HD programming, but the 622 is already hooked up to my old HDTV (which I want to keep). Thanks for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)