Want to Move Network to Another Room

mcannalea

Original poster
May 20, 2009
Galveston, TX
Hi, everyone! Sorry if this question is stupid but I don't understand anything technical.

I just moved into a rental for the summer and the genius who designed the house put the living room cable jack in the only spot where the sofa can go. This is where the main box is, a ViP222k, and then we also get satellite upstairs.

I want to move the box into a bedroom and keep the upstairs one. Can I simply move the box or is it not as simple as that? There's no box upstairs.

Thanks for any help ahead of time.

It depends on how accessable your cable connections are. I have a 2 222K receivers and have signals running to 6 tvs (2 HD...4 non HD). It is simple to connect to a splitter, but depends on accessablility and some simple cable connection skills.

It depends on how accessable your cable connections are. I have a 2 222K receivers and have signals running to 6 tvs (2 HD...4 non HD). It is simple to connect to a splitter, but depends on accessablility and some simple cable connection skills.
Read the first post " but I don't understand anything technical":)

The wall plate in the living room.....if you can trace where the cable comes in from...you can find a connection that also goes to the satellite dish. There may be a device that looks like a "signal splitter"...if so....one end comes from the satellite dish.....one goes to your living room ..the other to your 2nd tv. If there is no "splitter"...there should be a connection that combines the cable from the dish...to the cable that runs to your living room.
The "desired room" where you want to move the receiver to has a wall plate also. You have to trace the other end on this one. It will not be connected to anything. Just disconnect the living room cable at the "junction point" with the incoming satelite cable and connect the "desired room' instead. Make it easy by labeling your cables (future reference). If all your cables have ends on them this is just disconnect one and reconnect the other.
If the "desired room" cable does not have the connector on the end, you may opt for someone else to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts