Wanted- D* HD receiver!

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I am looking to purchase a D* HD receiver. Please send me a PM with the details.

Manufacturer
Model
what items are included- remote, manual, cables, card, etc...
Years owned
Condition, working, not working- minor scratches, bent to hell, etc...
asking price
payment form accepted
shipping options

thx

Neutron said:
Have you tried calling Directv and seeing what deal they can get you?

I have called them, the best they can give me at this time is $150 credit and the 2 for $2 deal. Of course they did not mentiont he 6 mnth HD pack free, but I know that will be there when I call to activate.

I would jump at the deal, b/c I know I won't get cheaper than $199., but they claimed they only had the Samsung 360 and from what I have read in AVS forums, that receiver is the worst of the bunch.

Most have praised the LG3200A and Hughes HD-HTL. Of course they each have their quirks, but from what I have read, I have been lead to believe these 2 receivers are the most stable.

Anyway, they placed a note on my account that I would get a $150 credit for the purchase of my HD receiver and that I could purchase from a retailer and just get the credit when I activate. ( I called back and spoke to another rep and asked him to please read the latest notes on my account and sure enough the credit notes are there)

If I buy a Hughes from CC or BB- They cost $299 and I would get $150 credit. Making the receiver cost me only $150.

I know not the $99 deal others have gotten, but not bad considering that I have not been a steady D* customer.

Plus I doubt I will get anything cheaper out here

I know for a fact that Directv is also issuing the HTL-HD receivers as that is what I got when I ordered mine.

HDTV Rookie said:
I have called them, the best they can give me at this time is $150 credit and the 2 for $2 deal. Of course they did not mentiont he 6 mnth HD pack free, but I know that will be there when I call to activate.

How did you get them to give you the $150 credit? I just called a few moments ago and they acted like something like that have never happened. The most they would offer is the current $349 offer published in their site. Any ideas?

Before you buy a used reciever, call Directv and make sure that they will send you a card and activate for you. I gave a co-worker a dolby digital reciever about 2 months ago and they would not send her a card to activate. The told her they will not do this anymore, will only activate new recievers. I would hate for anyone to waste their money.

austinnate said:
HDTV Rookie said:

How did you get them to give you the $150 credit? I just called a few moments ago and they acted like something like that have never happened. The most they would offer is the current $349 offer published in their site. Any ideas?

I've run into the same thing. I flat out won't pay $300 for an HD receiver and give them $700 over just the next year for programming. That's just straight up theft. $1000 in a year? No way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)