Wanting HD on 2nd tv in Bedroom

Yes, they are in icons and no you can't change to a list view. As far as the font size, my 65 year old eyes have no problem reading them. Again, I wonder about he complainer. If the name of the icon goes beyond the icon size, it truncates with ... You have a choice how to sort the icons on the dvr by pressing the yellow and green buttons on the remote. I currently have Folders by Title and sort by DVR Date. You can also set the sort to Alpha.

Thanks dwarren2. This is good to know. I could not imagine that Dish would change that feature. I didn't look close enough, but the two reviews on the two different websites may been from the same person. Also could be that this person was not familiar with the Dish remote.

One other thing could you confirm for me. I read another complaint, saying that with you. The new Hopper menu, they are no longer in list form, but have icons instead. They said there was no setting to go to a list view to get rid of the icon. But the big complaint was that the words on the icon telling you what the show was was too small to read. Do you find that you have any problems reading the print under the icons? And can the icons be changed to a list view?

I've had the Hopper for about 2 months now and still haven't gotten used to the icons. The print is too small and options for a list view are not available. You have the option of creating folders and can place programs that are related in them (comedies, action, networks etc.) but the amount of folders is very limited.

Just thought I would say that I got a Sewell powered HDMI splitter, a good quality long length HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and it works great to get my second HD set hooked up to the vip 722. In single mode both remotes do the same thing and both tv's get the same program. The hardest part was running the cable and making a big enough hole to get the connector through.

Just thought I would say that I got a Sewell powered HDMI splitter, a good quality long length HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable, and it works great to get my second HD set hooked up to the vip 722. In single mode both remotes do the same thing and both tv's get the same program. The hardest part was running the cable and making a big enough hole to get the connector through.

You can also run 2 HDTV's in this mirror mode by hooking up the 2nd TV with component and stereo audio cables. That's how I'm doing it.

If I had someone else in my household who sometimes wants to watch seperate programming at the same time, I'd spend the extra $10/month and go for the Hopper and Joey.

I've had the Hopper for about 2 months now and still haven't gotten used to the icons. The print is too small and options for a list view are not available. You have the option of creating folders and can place programs that are related in them (comedies, action, networks etc.) but the amount of folders is very limited.
It isn't about getting used to it. You never really will. Fact is, a tiled view is just less efficient than list view for scanning for and organizing your titles.

Wasn't it mentioned that if you use folders on the Hopper, then the contents in the folders do have a list view? If so, I would just create one folder and put everything in it. I would name the folder: List View. :p

So do you need TV1 on to get TV 2 to work?

Single Mode delivers the same programming to all connected TV's. You can watch on any TV you want or on all of them. Seperate TV2 programming is not available in Single Mode, but Picture-in-Picture is available.