Warning bricked 32.0 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well it seems like there are some bugs with the new remote. Whatever you do, do not use the remote before the 922 has taken the software update! If you do, you can break your remote.

Essentially the remote and the 922 bond for life. It is a new 2 way communication. Essentially if you bond your remote to the 922 before the software upgrade, your remote could get stuck bonded, but the 922 forgets about the remote.

Was on with Dish tech for quite a while where they had me pressing button combinations designed to unbond the remote. But they did not work. The 922 thinks there is no remote bonded, but the remote will not bond again because it thinks it is bonded.

Solution: new remote from Dish being sent. They really need a reset button on the remote in the battery compartment or something. Apparently (according to the Dish tech) it is a common problem and they have had to send out a lot of replacement remotes already in the first week.

The thing of it is, when you first turn on the 922 it tells you to press the sat button on the remote to bond it. Resist this temptation. Without the software update you risk your remote married forever to your receiver, but the receiver happily forgets about the remote. Use the front panel buttons, do your switch test, then reset the receiver after saving the switch test so it takes the new software. Then do the steps until it asks to bond, then you can bond ok.

This is a feature I do not know if I like. I do not like remotes married to receivers like this. I like being able to take a remote, hold the sat button down a few sec then punching in the code for another box. Well I will probably get used to it.

My installer waited deep into the install before he installed the batteries in the remote. That was on the first install date, and it was his second 922 install, he said he was told in training to hold off on the remote as long as possible.

My guy started out using the front panel. Which was agonizing to watch because it was way slow. Since it's a capacitive touchscreen, his finger kept moving off where the button he wanted to hit was. Anyway, during the initial startup I think after the retail software was loaded, I noticed that one of the prompts was talking about loading new firmware onto the remote. I don't think the tech pressed any buttons to bond the remote, he just put in the batteries so it must ping for a receiver to bond with once that happens.

I lost a 30.0 remote and 21.0 remote, because the tech on the phone did not know this, have a tech comming out Friday to fix the problem. I shure hope he has the remotes with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts