was the game on ABC in HD

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Last night i anxiously awaited kick-off to see if ABC would flip the switch to HD. NEVER HAPPENED, just like all the games i have watched on ABC preseason included, they all have looked like crap! And the slap in the face was during the game i kept seeing ABC HD popping up on the screen. That is far from the truth, i think the local ABC affiliate is to blame for the horrible 480i it keeps showing, and damm even in the program guide it said it was going to be in HD.

Yep, send an email to your local affiliate. Maybe they forgot to hit the switch. I'm not sure how the local affiliates know when to turn on the HD signal but I have a feeling it's manual. Last week on CBS they screwed up the Raiders game they kept switching from HD to SD throughout the whole first quarter until they got their act together. HD is new for a lot of these guys in time they'll get it right. I hope :eek:

Yes, it was a glorious 720p production, dancing grass and all. Not nearly as crisp as last week's game (at least from my affiliate).

LOL damm... O Well guess i will do the email thing to my local affiliate and see if i get any feed back. I think that ABC in my area is just behind fox and nbc and hopefully they'll start feeding us right. "1080i or 720p." Well atleast most of you guys are getting ABC in HD so i am happy for the ones that are, and hopefully that means relief will be coming to my area soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)