watch one channel while rec another w/522

btb91

Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I am new to this forum and to Dish. I just had a Dish system installed with a 522 receiver. I was under the impression that I could record one channel while watching another, and I can not seem to do that. Everytime I record a channel and then try to switch to another cahnnel to watch, the receiver gives me a message that says I must stop the recording and go to live tv mode. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way this receiver behaves. I am a former Directv customer that used a Hughes Tivo system that would allow me to do both at the same time. I am using a 301 system hooked into the 522 in a different room.

thanks for any help
btb

The 522 only works in dual mode right now. This means that basically it is two independent receivers inside the same box. Single mode is suppose to be coming this summer which will allow PIP and switching tuners when one is in use. Until then, you would have to hook up both outputs to a TV. If one tuner is recording a program, you will have to switch channels/inputs to use the other tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts