jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Watch your CSR - My self-bought/installed Dish 411 HD upgrade story

I purchased and added to my account a Dish 411 until the 622 are in decent supply (I sold two 942s and am holding the funds waiting for the 622). When I get the 622 I may keep or sell the 411, I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, adding the receiver was quick and easy. I called tech support, gave the R/S numbers and it was up in a few minutes. I asked to be changed to the HD Silver pack and the CSR spent a few minutes telling me there was a $6 fee to upgrade (HD Enabling fee). :eek: I corrected her that the fee was only for HD receivers without the a DishHD package. She put me on hold 2-3 times then corrected herself.

So I again asked for the DishHD silver (just like that) and she said it was set. She asked what dish I had, and I said a D1000 (I actually have a 121 Superdish, but with an attached 129 LNB and a DP+44):D She said she had to setup a work order and cancel it to change me to a dish 1000 showing 129. This was the only way to add the programming. I said no problem - just make sure to cancel it, I don't want anyone coming to my home for no reason.

She said that was set and she setup the Dish HD package. She then said I had a balance of $432. WHOA!:eek: :eek: I fell off my chair, and restabilized, and said what! I had 4 months left in a prepaid year package of AT120, and a $97 credit on my account before that from cancelling the old HD pack in Jan. She said it would fix itself overnight and that I was all set, then I was disconnected!:mad:

I checked my guide and found NO HD channels - imagine that.....:mad:

I called tech support again and ran through the whole thing again. She did not change my dish and the HD pack could not be setup becuase it said I only had a dish 500. The new tech took a few minutes to 'change my dish setup' which he did agree took a 'dummy' work order.:rolleyes: As he had me on hold my HD porgamming showed up - including the quasi MPEG 4 channels. :rolleyes: So I tuned in Universal and he came back on.

I agreed that the programming was set - but was very concerned about my account balances. He took a few minutes to figure it out, but said I had my $97 credit that I started with, my new monthy fee was $69 instead of a yearly fee, and my balance was a $99 CREDIT with everything paid through April 5 (current month and one in advance) The $69 is the $60 HD Silver, one extra receiver, and locals.

So what I think the first person did was quote my balance as my 'package price' which was something around $450 for the AT120 yearly. At least I hope that is waht happened...:confused:

So the moral of my story.....Watch your CSR - even the HD Techs can overlook important details. Make them run through every detail and walk through step by step. For someone with a self-installed 4 location dish and an OWNED 411, they were quite confused on my order, one that I thought was fairly simple. I'll have to look tommorrow and make sure the account activity looks right, it only updates overnight.

Now if I could just get two of those darn 622 receivers - they have 200 or so at this point, why not me...:D :D

Last edited: