Watching recorded programs on unactivated 625

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Is it possible to watch the recorded programs off of an unactivated 625 receiver ?
If so does it have to be hooked to a dish ?
Thanks

Is it possible to watch the recorded programs off of an unactivated 625 receiver ?
If so does it have to be hooked to a dish ?
Thanks

Because I'm bored give me an hour and I'll check out my old 625 that has been deactivated for at least four years. (if it works)

Update: Well the old 625 Dishplayer still works. It's only been deactivated for a little over two years but my recordings still are playable. You shouldn't need to have it connected to the DISH, nor would I connect it to a phone wire because it might "call home" but anyways once you power it on just press the DVR button twice and the recording list will come up. Play the file and it should play. My 625 Player is operating on software L548JYD-N. If you do have it connected to the DISH I think you get the monthly freeview channels.

It might also be worth noting that this receiver was removed from my account because I upgraded to a 2 hopper 3 joey installation from a VIP722, and the 625 in question, not because of a failure to pay, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you for checking ! My 625 is starting to die so I am replacing it and I have some recordings I want to get on to DVD and wanted to make sure I didn't need to do it before I disconnect it.
I own it and my account is in good standing so sounds like it should not be a problem .
Thanks again !!!

Because I'm bored give me an hour and I'll check out my old 625 that has been deactivated for at least four years. (if it works)

Update: Well the old 625 Dishplayer still works. It's only been deactivated for a little over two years but my recordings still are playable. You shouldn't need to have it connected to the DISH, nor would I connect it to a phone wire because it might "call home" but anyways once you power it on just press the DVR button twice and the recording list will come up. Play the file and it should play. My 625 Player is operating on software L548JYD-N. If you do have it connected to the DISH I think you get the monthly freeview channels.

It might also be worth noting that this receiver was removed from my account because I upgraded to a 2 hopper 3 joey installation from a VIP722, and the 625 in question, not because of a failure to pay, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts