Weak or no signal message - snowy screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jctusa

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Not sure if this is the proper forum for posting this question, but here goes. This problem started Friday night and has been reoccurring intermittently every since. I have experienced the usual lost signal message with the blue background before, during storms etc, but I recently started getting a WEAK OR NO SIGNAL message in a box in the middle of the screen with the rest of the screen all snow. The yellow light will go out on my 625 receiver and then the green light will go out.

I am watching the screen now as it is currently having the problem. The yellow light went out, followed by the green light. The green light has been coming back on numerous times, with the sound of the drive spinning, then going out again - no yellow light. After 6 times of the system doing this on it's own, the green and yellow lights came on and the downloading signal message appeared and restored the tv picture. (The picture has continued to stay on while I finished this message).

I have tried unplugging the unit from the outlet, waiting and replugging and generally this will start the reload process after I press and hold the power switch.

I think it is a DVR/receiver problem and thinking of switching to Direct and upgrading to a HD receiver, if Dish can't solve my problem without a service call.

Any similar problems or advice as to what could be causing this problem?

How is the DVR connected to the TV--to the antenna connector? The would explain the snowy picture and weak/no signal message from the TV while the DVR is trying to restart.

My first impression is that the hard drive in the DVR is going bad. We had a similar problem with a 522 DVR receiver several years ago and just went ahead and upgraded to an HD receiver. Call Dish or contact one of the DIRT team here and see if they will ship you a replacement 625. Or, just upgrade to HD with the provider of your choice, which will require a tech visit to install a new dish and probably cabling.

Good luck!

Good bye enjoy Directv. You need a service call I don't know how you figure DISH can solve your problem without physical presence. From your crude description it could be a receiver problem or a loss of signal or a cabling problem or even a LNB or switch problem.

Sorry for the crude description, I apologize for my lack of technical expertise, but a few years ago, DISH was able to determine I had a bad DVR via a phone conversation. I guess I was hoping someone may have had a similar problem and knew the cause. I guess I should have stated, a service call at my expense.

I connected my receiver to a new tv with a coaxial cable this spring and had zero problems with it to this point.

Thanks for the reply.

First thing to try is System Info test. That is a good diagnostic. It will tell you if your lnb is going bad. Results will be in box a.
If you need a service call, start the Protection Plan. Then it will cost you $15. All you have to do is maintain it for 120 days. Or you can upgrade your equipment to a Hopper and little or no cost.
Contact DIRT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)