WGN channel 9 Chicago

jnagrodski

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2005
I live in the south suburbs and I can’t get WGN 9 or CBS (I know cbs is hard or almost impossible to pick up that channel. I was just wondering if anyone has had an experience with getting that channel.) Also I can’t get WGN thru OTA. The Antenna on the roof gets ABC, NBC, FOX, and others but I cant WGN. Any ideas? Or any Ideas or comments about CBS? I really need WGN for the CUBS!! SO I NEED HELP!!

Oh yea i forgot to mention a few thigns. I have Sattelite thru Dishnetowrk and im talking about the HD broadcast.

Yea i forgot to clairfy a few things. im talking about their HD or digital broadcast. i cant get them

ok. Well I don't live in chicaga but there are others who do.

first let me move your post to a more appriate section, then hopefully others in ou area can help you out. (thanx Iceberg)

I think there are also other threads similar to this that I'll find in a bit

preamp

here is another question. I have read on the forums and it seems that a preamp is what i need but i want to be sure. So, would a preamp help me get the channels i am not reciving? If so what is a good preamp??

I preamp is usually used to help lock onto fringe stations. If you're problem is a weak signal you'd want a pre-map. BUT if you have a case of multipath (where there is signal but its constantly bouncing around) then you want an antennuator (i think that's what it's called) to control the power of the antenna.

Also either case you want a directional antenna. And in Chicago you need a vhf antenna as well. This site: http://www.antennasdirect.com/ sells vhf single band antennas designed to lock in digital vhf staions (your cbs station)

i have the uhf and vhf antenna on my roof. so would i be able to use a preamp and antennuator on the same line?

Thanks a lot everyone for your help. i went out and bought a pre-amp and it made my wgn come in a lot stronger allow me to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts