What a joke

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I just got home from a long vacation. The Brighthouse bill awaiting me had the new channel line up slip in it. What a joke.

A 15 year old might be able to read it. A 50 year old can't. How hard is it to print something most of your customers can read? Did they save gaboodles of money making the print so small?

Apparently that isn't really a consideration given the amount of other junk that shows up in the bill.

This reflects such bad judgment, the incompetence is laughable.

Oh, I get it, 90% of the paying customers are under 15.

People still use paper channel line ups? I can only assume the print is small because of the large number of channels they are trying to fit on the paper. if its like other channel line ups its probably folded in threes like a brochure? I have not seen it as I use the on screen guide to know the channels. The insert is just for referance. Put on your glasses :)

People still use paper channel line ups? I can only assume the print is small because of the large number of channels they are trying to fit on the paper. if its like other channel line ups its probably folded in threes like a brochure? I have not seen it as I use the on screen guide to know the channels. The insert is just for referance. Put on your glasses :)

I use paper until I know the new ch numbers for ones I watch. If you think it should not be used, why was it provided? Sitting in front of the TV, I am not at a computer to look channels up, which is a rather clumsy way to do it anyway.

Yes, the print is small because of the number of channels and the amount of space to print them. Ummm, use larger paper maybe????

No, it was not a trifold; equivalently, it was SMALLER than one face of one side of a trifold--about the size of a check. I did put on my glasses. That made the small type clear, and unreadable.

Try making out the details of an ant at 25 feet, even with your glasses on.

Last edited:
Odd, every channel line up I have ever seen of ours was a normal Brochure size tri fold. Which also usually includes some simple "tips" on how to use the box etc. Perhaps it was just a quick reference guide, Id bet if you ask for a regular channel line up you could get one sent via mail. Or pick up one from the office, as I still see the big ones.

Where do I ask why double-enters (paragraphs) I put in during composing posts disappear when post appears--making the entry one long run-on?

AND I CANNOT DELETE THIS. MODERATOR DELETE PLEASE.

Last edited:
TEST-IGNORE-DELETE IT!

THIS IS A TEST TO FIND WHY I GET NO PARAGRAPHS IN POSTS EVEN WHEN ENTERED. IGNORE...DELETE.

ok i FOUND IT. I run NoScript. I discovered that netdna-cdn.com must be allowed on this site for the post to not "lose" the double-enters that make paragraphs.

Last edited:
I love the new guide.

You can always print one out on the website.

i'm more interested in when were going to get those RSN's we were promised as they have been delayed and listed as coming soon.

If the size of the print on a channel line is your biggest complaint, I'd have to say BHN is doing a pretty damn good job! :)

Wow. What great logic. So, stupidity that affects your customers is OK so long as you are not stupid on other things? Also, who said this was my biggest complaint?

Finally, I think if you read on these forums, you will find MANY other areas of performance by BHN also draw complaints.

I guess you think that people being unable to read BHN-provided material (which I paid for in my monthly charges--don't think the CEO paid for them out of his pocket) is an insignificant matter. Customers shouldn't expect to be able to read the mailings after all? That's just over the top...being able to read the mailings. What do we expect--a typeface that can be read?

If printing out a new channel guide from the website isn't an option you can call them and they will be happy to send you a full size one.

Totally missing the point.

Will you please explain to me the logic of invoking the expense of sending out something a significant percentage of your customers cannot read, and another significant percentage of them don't use for whatever reason?
Tell me the logic in the decision-maker's head who says, "yeah, let's do that."

Last edited:
Totally missing the point.

Will you please explain to me the logic of invoking the expense of sending out something a significant percentage of your customers cannot read, and another significant percentage of them don't use for whatever reason?
Tell me the logic in the decision-maker's head who says, "yeah, let's do that."

Well I agree with you in a sense. I mean after all the vast majority of customers do not use the dam things. They use the on screen guide or just memory. But the number of people who call and complain it being to small and ask for the bigger version is tiny. Any un registrable number in the scheme of things.

I don't know about the 'overwhelming majority' being correct. And the last part is true; We do put our glasses on; unfortunately, not everyone can read microprint with glasses on.

Oh, nevermind. I guess I am just another one of those customers you don't need to listen to.

So take your lineup to a copy place and they will print it, with larger print, in about 10 seconds. What a whinney old man. I'm 57 and don't complain but find solutions. Some people look to be negative all the time. I don't get paper bills either btw. I pay online whenever possible and that is 99%+. I could print an online guide but have little use for it. I can read it when mailed to me.

You guys really don't get it, do you. The issue is the stupid waste of money doing avoidable things which drives up your cost.

Of course I can expend my time, effort, and money turning it into something useable. It is trivial to do. And should have been unnecessary.

You seem to be advocating that it is OK to do stupid things so long as the recipient can, at his expense, rectify your stupidity. No problem then, right?

I think the point is that the small number of customers who this issue effects is so minimal that it makes sense to do it the way they have. I mean i have not heard a of a single complaint other then the one you have made. And I hear a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)