What About Brian - season 2

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
What About Brian was a late season replacement (5 episodes) on ABC last spring. It started its first full season this October to not particularly strong ratings. But According to the Futon Critic, it has been given a full season order by ABC.

Here is what the ABC press release has to say:

[qupte]
ABCs What About Brian exhibits impressive retention of its lead-in from The Bachelor during Mondays 10 oclock hour, retaining 94% with Adults 18-49 (3.0/8 vs. 3.2/8) and 100% with Adults 18-34 (2.8/8 vs. 2.8/7). The ABC drama builds on its lead-in among Women 18-34 (4.3/12 vs. 4.2/11). What About Brian ranks second in its time period across each of the key women demographics, holding solid advantages over NBCs high-profile Studio 60: Women 18-34 +30%, Women 18-49 +15% and Women 25-54 +9%. What About Brian is up by 6% in Total Viewers (6.7 million vs. 6.3 million) from its performance in the hour last season, and has also grown in each of the women demographics: W18-34 +8% (4.3/12 vs. 4.0/11), W18-49 +10% (4.6/11 vs. 4.2/10) and W25-54 +14% (4.9/11 vs. 4.3/10).[/quote]

This is another one of the shows like Men in Trees that appeals to women, and thus, keeps the wife happy (although in my case, the Mrs. was not particualrly enamored with the "open marriage" concept) :D

Anybody watch this? I'm kinda into it and was wondering if it'd be back for another season. I'm think'n no...

I am into the show too and they made it even better whne they added some attractive ladies such as Tiffani Amber Thieson (from Saved by the Bell and BH90210) and Staci Keebler model from WWE. It had a very attractive lady from Everwood but she has not been on there much lately. I hope they keep the show on. I think the ratings would continue to improve if they keep the show.

This reminds me of Friday Night Lights in which they said it does not have very good ratings but they decided to keep it going. Perhaps they are not only looking at ratings for profits but for future syndication rights as well.

I am hopeful that it will get a second full season (I know they call this the second season, but it only had 5 episodes last spring). Those that watch it tend to like it. Its a weekly staple for my wife and I.

But if you look through the Monday ratings, it has always been in third place, with pretty low numbers.

Given that ABC has announced much of its lineup for next year already; its obviously on the cusp.

AND I think next week may be the season finale; not certain, but it is winding down.

Last week Zap2it reported that Amanda Detmer has taken a leading role in a pilot - which does not suggest good things for What About Brian.

ABC has "Six Degrees" or "Zero Degrees"

Fox Baseball cuts back on hd games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)