This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What, besides the old "more HD" ,would you like see new for 2011 from Dish?

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
One thing that really is lacking to me is on the remote controls that Dish uses is a "mode" button. It would make it a lot easier for people to switch between single and dual modes (especially old timers).

Yeah that would be nice. I figured they didn't add that button so it wouldn't get accidentally (or even purposefully) pressed when it shouldn't.

Halo,
They really need to because I have so many service calls for such accidents and it is so hard to explain to some of the older customers (75% of my customers are elderly) how to change back from the STB.

Clock on the front, great. Also, would like features that the Directv receivers have. Hide SD duplicates. The ability to have access to program grids in 2 other zip codes, in addition to the local channels you receive via DISH, and for border huggers the ability to access program grid info for say Vancouver, Toronto, etc.

Dish needs to upgrade to HD

Today they have a multi room viewing option via TV2 OUT but its only in SD
SD is outdated.

They need to come up with a HD multiroom viewing solution using either the in home Network (Cat5 and or Wireless) or the IP over Coax solution like DIrecTV.

THey own rights to a lot of the Sling Technology, and am sure they could get something going in HD

I'd love to have CBC.
Dish needs to upgrade to HD

Today they have a multi room viewing option via TV2 OUT but its only in SD
SD is outdated.
SD is outdated for a bunch of people, but probably not the majority, at least as far as TV2 is concerned.

Wireless internet built into receivers. I cant do VOD because i dont have my receiver in wired location.

How about a 2 year contract that is binding for both parties. Like no price increases for that period. If you entice me with a specific package for a certain price and want me to sign a 2 year contract then wait 2 years to raise the price.

Whole house DVR / MRV / SWM like D*.
Multiple EHD support on 722K (which they started talking about when the 622 first got EHD support several years ago... "Rack 'em & stack 'em.")
VOD has A LOT of room for improvement.

On demand comparible or better than directv. I'm not talking about movie rentals. Talking about content included free to subscribers. Like Showtime on demand etc. You know, like everyone else in the world is now doing to stay in business.

How about actual 1080i channels in their full resolution for a change, instead of HD-Lite? That would be a nice change. Dish hasn't had any of those for years.