What Cities Will Be In Hd Next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah would like for Dish to put out a list showing what cities will be next on a month to month bases.

Mark_AR said:
I'm waiting for Springfield Mo HD. I saw on the tech chat where it is 'supposed' to happen this year. woot!

I feel like this might happen when E10 gets operational. But will it only be channel 3 and 33 or will 10 and 27 be doing HD soon. And will they go up on satellite before they go full power OTA.

Well, I have my 622vip on order from Dishstore so maybe I will be ready when they go up.

Channel 31.1 (KWBM) WB will be in HD in the near future.

I was getting some PBS channels OTA in HD last year, but then they disappeared. (maybe KOZK-23)

I can't get KY3 OTA-HD anymore...DTV-44 :confused:

I get CBS-HD East off of 61.5. KOLR-10 (DTV-52) I could never get to lock.

Check out this site: TVRADIOWORLD for Springfield.

11 More markets are coming coming mid April

They're waiting for E10 now. Adding HD Locals on 61.5 and 129 is done.

Maybe Cincinnati will join that list. However honestly it is only a bonus for me at this time because I get all my locals OTA with the 622 with rarely a dropout.

Just means I could record 2 HD locals at once... But I really only watch CBS shows. Only other network shows I watch are 24, Boston Legal, Grey's Anatomy, and Smallville.

Ok Here are the markets being added in Q2

Which is probably late April after they get E10 working and do all the SD local moves.

Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Miami, FL
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
Sacramento, CA
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Seatle, WA
Spokane, WA

I'm guessing 6 markets will be added late april early may, and the other 5 in june. The list is alpha order, the ordered add may not be so, they may or may not get added all at once

BFG said:
Ok Here are the markets being added in Q2

Which is probably late April after they get E10 working and do all the SD local moves.

Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Miami, FL
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
Sacramento, CA
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Seatle, WA
Spokane, WA

I'm guessing 6 markets will be added late april early may, and the other 5 in june. The list is alpha order, the ordered add may not be so, they may or may not get added all at once

so are these being added to e10 at 110? i thought all hd locals were going on satellite 129.

brg606 said:
so are these being added to e10 at 110? i thought all hd locals were going on satellite 129.
Nobody know for sure. We'll probably find out when E10 is operational and the SD locals shuffle is complete.

But I'm sure "someone" at the other site would probably have an answer, but then again he was dead wrong on Atlanta going to 129 instead of 61.5 :p

brg606 said:
i thought all hd locals were going on satellite 129.

:confused: Huh? There's no room! 129 can't do spotbeams with the current bird. And as I understand it, they can't even move an existing spotbeam bird there...they would need to design one because the footprint is all wonky.

I would imagine even the few HD locals that are there now will eventually move to E10 at 110, except for a few "distant" markets. It doesn't make any sense to waste that bandwidth. 129 (and 61.5) may be the main source for national HD, but E10 is built for locals.

I totally agree with stormbo, dish really needs to add more west coast such as portland,or and seattle soon...

Myself I live in the portland, or area and most of the time the ota just drops off because I cant get anything above 80% on my signal due to my location. we in portland have like 16 - 18 some what high def channels, some are just standard 4:3 480p, while most of the bigger channels like 2,6,8,10,12,49 are either in 720 or 1080, 4:3 or 16:9 depending on what there broadcasting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)