Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
I would like to get some suggestions:

I signed less than a month ago with Dish, my current setup is:
Sony KF-50WE610 with One 510.
Two other tv's with one 301 each.
I have two dishes and currently receive 119/110 and 61.5

I am on the waiting list for the 921.

What would you do when the 921 is delivered? Would you keep the 510 for recording, can I send it back to Dish? :?:

Thank you

If Dish wants one back (not sure what deal you got or the requirements)

But if have to send one back, I would send back a 301.

I would keep the 510,

because if you record very much HD on the 921

you may want the extra recording room for SD on the 510.

Thank you for the advice.

I am thinking though, I would have to change room to watch the recorded program on the 510. I have a spare on my switch, I guess I'll run another cable to my theater room.

ThierryFL said:
What would you do when the 921 is delivered?

Make a fortune, because you must have the secret of the fountain of youth if you get it in our lifetimes :)

rudolpht said:
Make a fortune, because you must have the secret of the fountain of youth if you get it in our lifetimes :)

Hope against hope says the Englishman but I prefer the French idiom equivalent which is something like: Hope makes you live. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hmm after I get my 921 I plan on watching some TV. :)

And I guess you will get your 921 before I get mine given the fact that I am waiting for your call and/or email.

I hope, I dream... :D

What will I do?

1. Watch some DiscoveryHD and get ice pack for chin after it hits the floor....

2. Hook up the roof antenna to get Philly HD Channels (I only qualify for NYC now). Watch the Eagles with wife and FINALLY get out of the doghouse for getting a service that only let me look at New York City stations from Central NJ.

3. Watch a hockey game on HDNet. I don't even WATCH hockey until the playoffs, but it will nice to ACTUALLY be able to see the puck for a change.

4. Watch an HD Movie on either HBO-HD, SHO-HD, or HDMovies. Just because I CAN.

5. Do a happy dance.

6. Watch something on CBS-HD. Just because I can.

I've got a 6000, so watching TV isn't high on my priority list with the 921. I will probably RECORD some TV first.

Of course, I'll probably do some pausing and rewinding and messing with all the menus and maybe take it apart, but then i'll do some recording then some watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts