what does dish pay for a standard install?

mikeroberson2006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
does anyone know how much dish pays a retailer/installer for a standard install? I cant get a response from dish on being setup as a retailer or any other questions ive asked them. thanks

Here in Puerto Rico with the retailer I work with the basic installation payment is $125.00 for the installer,So my guess the retailer collect 4 or five times that amount,but again is just my guess.

For the retailer its probably close to $650, thats about what Dish was getting from SBC sourced installs when I worked for Dish, this is ofcourse speculation on what the retailer gets.

For the retailer its probably close to $650, thats about what Dish was getting from SBC sourced installs when I worked for Dish, this is ofcourse speculation on what the retailer gets.
Sorry to disappoint you Van but for installation a dealer gets in the area of $200 depending on the number of receivers and type of dish installed. A dealer also collects for aquiring a new customer and reimbursement for the installed receivers and switches. The dealer has already paid for the equipment so it is not a profit on the reimbursement, and the dealer is liable for chargebacks for 360 days.:) :) :)

No disapointment but if I was a retailer I would be upset to find out that the phone company is paying dish that much for an install bundle when all dish does is install the sat system and no other part of it.

But that might have been when SBC was purchasing the programming and equipment wholesale from DISH Network, and the customer who was getting service was actually an SBC customer. SBC was making the big upfront investment in the customer and making their money back on a monthly basis.

Now the customers are actually DISH Network customers and SBC is simply acting as the billing agent. Now SBC is getting payment for the customer from Dish upfront, and maybe making a few dollars per month residual like a retailer would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts