What happened to non-HD channels on main HD TV?

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
Dish always had both the HD and non HD channels. All the non HD channels disappeared off my main, HD, TV, oh....maybe a month ago....Most important to me was the Weather Channel, as historically, one of the biggest drawbacks for Dish/DTV was no Locals on the 8 on TWC. However, Dish's interactive weather is even better, for me. But, you cannot get that interactive popup on the HD channels. This is a big turn off for me, not being able to use this.

Anyone know why? I would chat with Netflix, but I'm not a big fan of canned responses.

My secondary TV still has the HD and non HD channels listed, just not the main. And, no, I don't have My HD channels chosen on Guide.

Also, haven't visited here for awhile...any MLB channel updates? Last I read, soon, was a word I read:) That would be a godsend.

It was part of one of the latest software updates for the Dish receivers. There's a way you can turn them back on. Go to Menu, preferences (#8) and Guide format (#1) On the bottom of that page you should be able to turn SD channels back on.

Last edited:
It was part of one of the latest software updates for the Dish receivers. There's a way you can turn them back on. Go to Menu, preferences (#8) and Guide format (#1) On the bottom of that page you should be able to turn SD channels back on.

Thanks immensely, fellow Michigander! I have been much frustrated with this. Now, if I could just get the MLB channel, life would be grand......sigh.

Yeah everybody wants that channel........except for me. Sorry, I know the Tigers are doing good right now, but someone would have to threaten my life first before I become a baseball fan. The game is just too slow for me.:eek::D

I have 3 HD receivers and only 2 of them have deleted the SD channel from the guide for channels which previously listed both HD and SD. It appears one of HD receivers has not been updated by Dish yet. I have gone to the Menu and tried to do it mannually but that option is not available for this one HD receiver. Has Dish finished updating all units or should I just wait and see if this one receiver eventually updates. It is hooked to a phone line. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)