What happened to the software updates?

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
2 months ago it was announced that several updates would be coming soon to the 921 , including one to fix local channels guide and nothing has happened. Does anybody know what's coming if any and what will be fixed?

Thanks.

Dish is sending out an update about once per month.

The next update is supposed to be before the end of the month.

The 1.88 version was released on September 8th so the next version should be due very soon.

slimoli said:
2 months ago it was announced that several updates would be coming soon to the 921 , including one to fix local channels guide and nothing has happened. Does anybody know what's coming if any and what will be fixed?

Thanks.
I wonder if E* knows? they are updating slowly. They said that they were going to do it sooner than they are. What's new?

chaddux said:
The 1.88 version was released on September 8th so the next version should be due very soon.

That puts it right on schedule. Hopefully we'll get name based recording just in time for fall 2005.

And as we approach our 921 1 year anniversary, it's still very risky to hit the stop button with a recording in progress, PADs are still a mess (just don't touch them), some OTA still just doesn't work, we lost firewire, and we lost OTA channels in the favorites list.

But hey, it doesn't spontaneously reboot anymore.

Some of this stuff is VERY basic.

(sorry, the Caffine just kicked in)

slimoli said:

Thanks.
It seems that E* works just as fast and as well with congress as they do with their software updates and equipment. Doesn't anything with E* work well? Sorry, just the frustration level speaking out. No, I recant my, Sorry, I paid big bucks for what? C-mon E* at least give us good service!

SatinKzo said:
I have a list called DAD and one called Mom, The OTA channels show up in both the lists.

I see they are listed as an option to be added for favorites but I can't add them to any list. I can go through all the hoops to add them and it never adds them.

MikeD-C05 said:
I see they are listed as an option to be added for favorites but I can't add them to any list. I can go through all the hoops to add them and it never adds them.

Wish I could help ya, but I just added them like you do any channel to the fav list. I didn't do anything special and it worked the first time.

I went through it again last night and tested the OTA in the fav. I think the only thing different is I am making a favorite list, then manually adding the OTA channels again, like they never existed. Worked again for the 3rd time. Is this how you guys are doing it?

Currently OTA doesn't appear in favorites. You can find them in ALL CHANNELS and ALL SUBJECTS. Once you have added OTA you will see that your locals are available when you channel scan in any favorite.

I'm on L188. I got my 921 with 186 (bought it from a friend) installed. OTA didn't work for crap with 186 for me, but it was still in the favorites when I added it and it was there when I got 187 and in 188. Is it possible we are talking about two slightly different things? I can't believe I would be the only one with OTA in my favorites list.

SatinKzo said:
I'm on L188. I got my 921 with 186 (bought it from a friend) installed. OTA didn't work for crap with 186 for me, but it was still in the favorites when I added it and it was there when I got 187 and in 188. Is it possible we are talking about two slightly different things? I can't believe I would be the only one with OTA in my favorites list.
I can't get OTA in favorites list since they broke it with a software update months ago. You are the only one that I heard of that has them. I've had my 921 since January 2004.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)