What is DishComm?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The other thing that can cause problems is the way your house is wired. Believe me, I'm no expert in this area at all, but my understanding is sometimes houses are wired with separate circuits (probably not the right word) that make 1 half of the house totally separate from the other. I'm sure that someone with more experience (that actually knows what the hell they are talking about) can add more details, but I wanted to throw out another potential problem.

Let's see if I can explain this...

Residential wiring consists of 2 "Hot" wires, 1 "Neutral", and one "Ground". At the breaker box, the ground and neutral wires connect to all circuits; however, the hot wires are split where one goes to either side of the breaker pannel.

What you have is essentially, 2 110V circuits providing power to all of the circuits in the house. The way 220V circuits work is by combining both sides of the breaker pannel.

Depending on how Dishcomm is set-up, it may need all receivers plugged into circuits connected to the same side of the breaker pannel.

See now that makes sense. Thanks! I knew there was some reason but didn't know the details.

Can anybody tell me which rcvrs are Dish Comm rcvrs - which ones have the software downloaded to them and turned on... is it currently only the 622's?

That was my understanding also... but was hoping a few more rcvrs have slipped in and I just wasn't aware of it... I hope more come on line soon...Dish Comm could be a beautiful thing...

Let's see if I can explain this...

Residential wiring consists of 2 "Hot" wires, 1 "Neutral", and one "Ground". At the breaker box, the ground and neutral wires connect to all circuits; however, the hot wires are split where one goes to either side of the breaker pannel.

What you have is essentially, 2 110V circuits providing power to all of the circuits in the house. The way 220V circuits work is by combining both sides of the breaker pannel.

Depending on how Dishcomm is set-up, it may need all receivers plugged into circuits connected to the same side of the breaker pannel.

No this isn't true. DishComm is basically a HomePlug adapter built into the Dish receiver. HomePlug has no problem jumping between the two phases of a home's electrical wiring. The powerline networking signal however can be attenuated or completely blocked by some types of surge suppresion equipment. If you ever get a hold of a stand alone HomePlug adapter for building a home network, you will see right in the instructions that it says never to plug them into a surge suppressor (they have surge suppression circuitry built in to protect the device).

I have one of my 622's plugged into a UPS and the phone line and the other just plugged into the wall. They see and talk to each other no problem as far as the caller ID goes. I don't know what else Dish Comm is capable of doing but its cool seeing Caller ID come up on the screen with no phone line plugged it.

I have one of my 622's plugged into a UPS and the phone line and the other just plugged into the wall. They see and talk to each other no problem as far as the caller ID goes. I don't know what else Dish Comm is capable of doing but its cool seeing Caller ID come up on the screen with no phone line plugged it.

The biggest thing is that it will save you the $5 dual tuner fee. But you can also connect to the Customer Service applications and it will phone in your PPV purchases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts