What is EV's policy on used receivers?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I once was told that, in order to use used equipment, the previous owner must call and tell then exactly to whom the receiver was sold.

Is this true? Or does it just work like E*, where, if there is no balance owed and the receiver has been deactived, you can add the receiver??

Thanks!!

That is correct. A used receiver must be released to the new owner by the previous user before EVu will let it be added to the new account.

n0qcu said:
That is correct. A used receiver must be released to the new owner by the previous user before EVu will let it be added to the new account.
So, the owner of the receiver has to call and say that they have sold to a particular individual first? Even if the account has been disconnected?

... and they'll probably try to charge you $25 as a receiver transfer fee.

I bought a used 5900 once.
All I had to do was have the seller call Bell to inform them that he sold the reciever to me. I gave him my address and phone number to give to Bell. They then cleared it in the system and allowed me to activate it on my account.

I was not charged the $25 reciever transfer fee. I don't believe it applies if the reicever is transfered from an open account to another open account.

I also purchased a used 6100 from a forum member, and like Derwin said, I just had to let Bell know the phone number of the previous owner, after he called Bell and said he sold it.

Also not charged any fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts