What is good signal from 129?

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
OK I finally have my 129, had to have a tree removed. I have a dedicated Dish 500 for 129 and seem to get singal strentght that vary by transponder. I am in GA and get in mid 80's on the best transpndeers and into the low 60's on the weak one.s On my 110/119 I get well into the upper 90' and even 100 on some. Do I need to have a better pointing job done with my 129 or is the best I should expect. The channels seem strong, although the HD locals seem to glitch every so often.

From what I've been reading this is normal with the 129. I'm upgrading to HD in about 2 weeks and I'm not even going going to mess with the 129 sat. I'm going to put up another dish pointed to 61.5 and enjoy my HD channels at a strength of over 100. It's a shame cause the dish 1000 could be great if it was done right.

Cameron3395 said:
From what I've been reading this is normal with the 129. I'm upgrading to HD in about 2 weeks and I'm not even going going to mess with the 129 sat. I'm going to put up another dish pointed to 61.5 and enjoy my HD channels at a strength of over 100. It's a shame cause the dish 1000 could be great if it was done right.

I need 129 to get my HD locals, kind of sucks. E* is clueless about how to effectively manage their bandwidth.

Well, the signal strength you show seem to be about average with the 129 sat. Hopefully Dish will come up with a better solution with the 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts