What is this recast anyways?

jgreg5

Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I cant seem to figure it out. And now after install everytime I reboot it asks me if I want to download the newest version. And I do and RE-INSTALL it and it just keeps happening over and over. I think I'm going back to the classic version.

Are you by any chance using a short-cut that you created from the old version?

If you are starting the program from that short-cut you are still loading the old version.

Be sure to use the link in the program group for TimeTrax Recast.

Derek

Does each update get its own folder now or is each update a seperate executable?

I would actually like the idea of that, that way if a new update didn't work you could easily roll back to the older one.

Does each update get its own folder?

No - each future update will not get it's own .exe and program group on your system. The reason it is happening right now is because Recast is considered a new product. It therefore associated itself with TimeTrax Classic, but did not remove the application as if it were replacing it.

In the most recent releases, there have been some changes to make it easier for the user to understand what is going on and to prevent users from getting into the never ending circle.

D
Time Trax

dserianni said:
Are you by any chance using a short-cut that you created from the old version? If you are starting the program from that short-cut you are still loading the old version.Be sure to use the link in the program group for TimeTrax Recast. Derek

I'm sure its using the second install exe but I will redo the two shortcuts for them just to be sure.

I went through the web site and I still can figure out what the "recast" really is?

Recast is our new product.

It has additional code to allow XM users to also use their XM-Online account to capture Album information. In addition you can use XM-Online only and not have your hardware connected if you wish.

It also allows users with both Sirius and XM hardware to use the same software without having to load two separate versions on their PC.

There are other subtle differences as well that are more on the technical side of the house.

Recast is our new building block for future development as well. It has the ability to allow us to build more features into it as time progresses.

Over the next year you will see a lot of changes in the software and Recast is letting us do that.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Ok I went through and reworked the shortcuts and reinstalled and it seems to be working ok. BUT I have been using Timetrax for 1-2 years now and when I bought it it said I had lifetime upgrades and now I get a message that says I only have 4 days left to get it registered. What the deal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)