What is your Favorite E* hd chnl?

Denver User

Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I'm newbie here and my first post. I was thinking about getting the hd package with Dish and would like to know what is your favorite channel and why?

I think there are 28 channels and not sure if I would like them? :confused:

So If anyone has the hd package, please let me know what channels you like and dislike.

Thanks.

Denver User :)

they are all less to be desired IMO

Maybe watch a couple hours of satellite programming a month.

the rest is network television for me

A lot of great HD programming. Love Rave, Equator, HGTV, and of course the sports on ESPN, ESPN2 and TNT. The picture is like night and day between HD and SD. Beats the hell out of cable and Direct TV.

Discovery, NG, HGTV, ESPN, NFL (when live games) but the best is Food Network (the picture is so good when can smell the food :=)) PS: not good is you are trying to diet.

During Football season - ESPN-HD (plus, you get PTI in HD!).

Otherwise, probably DISC-HD, tho my wife would vote Food-HD or HGTV-HD. HDNet movies when there's a good movie....

DISH offers 30 national HD channels.

My favorite is Equator, mostly for Smart Travels and other travelogues. Food HD and HGHD are really big in my household as well.

The only network OTA we watch are ER and DH- in HD of course!

ULTRA - Reservations required only, EQUTR, RAVE, FOOD, HGHD, NTGHD, HDNET, HDNMV, DSCHD. I flip all over the place to watch HD...

Wow everyone does have different choices and never thought the food channel popular. Do any of these offer commercial free movies? or what type of movies?

Right now I use an off air antenna and can only get 2 channels nbc and abc.

My favorite is Equator as well, although I enjoy many of the others as well, like TNT-HD. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King HD this weekend :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)