What no one will tell you about HDTV...

How many techs have been told that the picture was better after re-pointing a dish?

• Total voters
Does signal make a difference in digital signal? Sure!

Will the customer ever really notice? Nope!

If you are on the threshold of losing the signal then yes it makes a difference. Bringing a signal up from 90% to 100%...doesn't make a hill of beans.

Be part of the solution...

LOL... this useless thread of lies again?

I finally figured out where highdefjeff used to work! Best Buy. :)

Read the science. You might be capable of understanding some of it.

Or, you can remain part of the problem and continue to spread your lies and misinformation.

And, another wrong answer digiblur -- at least your are consistent!
Best Buy isn't on my resume. Yours?

Read the science. You might be capable of understanding some of it.

Or, you can remain part of the problem and continue to spread your lies and misinformation.

And, another wrong answer digiblur -- at least your are consistent!
Best Buy isn't on my resume. Yours?

I fully understand the realm of digital communications.

No problem. I'll continue to spread the word of digital communications.

Nope.

High Def Jeff,
Just tell us in idiot terms ,what can be done to improve my digital signal. That a homeowner can do, or would do. Is there something we should install? tip my dish a certain way? Lets cut to the chase,get to the bottom line and end this thread that has told me and 95% of everyone else here ,not a F'en thing about what your point is. Tell us in detail what to do ,Step by step. Please I beg You already.! And if it has something to to with buying something, then maybe you should try a late night tv add right after Oxy Clean!

To be clear

Of course it doesnt. I really cant believe he is still saying this

In none of my posts have I suggested a better picture if you increased signal from 90% to 100%.

That is another attempt to "muddy-the-water" and distort the understanding of the science. What a shame.

It's obvious some are beyond help

High Def Jeff,
Just tell us in idiot terms ,what can be done to improve my digital signal. That a homeowner can do, or would do. Is there something we should install? tip my dish a certain way? Lets cut to the chase,get to the bottom line and end this thread that has told me and 95% of everyone else here ,not a F'en thing about what your point is. Tell us in detail what to do ,Step by step. Please I beg You already.! And if it has something to to with buying something, then maybe you should try a late night tv add right after Oxy Clean!

AGAIN!?? I would but I don't speak Hemi 6.1!

Last edited:
In none of my posts have I suggested a better picture if you increased signal from 90% to 100%.

That is another attempt to "muddy-the-water" and distort the understanding of the science. What a shame.
Jeff, 10% one way or another if you are over the threshold of signal loss wont make a difference. 90 to 100 was pretty much an example. If you are locked in at 60% then 100% wont improve the picture, it will just keep you from losing the signal as quickly.

I dont know why I am trying when you havent heard anyone else

AGAIN!?? I would but I don't speak Hemi 6.1!
My point is you have no point! you can't answer any of my questions with a simple answer. You not that good of a salesmen.I've looked at your web site ,well nice and colorfull , I'm still looking to find how this helps.,What makes you think anyone wants to read all that. I mean really If I would follow your advise ,If I even knew for sure what that was,I'm going to see a massive gain in PQ. PROVE IT. Tell me Step BY step. I'll do all of it . Tell me what to buy,Meters ,amps ,what ever . I'll do it. Here's someone willing to do what ever. Give me a list. The only thing I can make from your claims is a 40% signal is worse then a 80% . No Crap! next your going to tell me Monster HDMI cables are better then Phillips.

Last edited:
My point is you have no point! you can't answer any of my questions with a simple answer. You not that good of a salesmen.I've looked at your web site ,well nice and colorfull , I'm still looking to find how this helps.,What makes you think anyone wants to read all that. I mean really If I would follow your advise ,If I even knew for sure what that was,I'm going to see a massive gain in PQ. PROVE IT. Tell me Step BY step. I'll do all of it . Tell me what to buy,Meters ,amps ,what ever . I'll do it. Here's someone willing to do what ever. Give me a list.

This is written for all the people who have said "My picture is bad. Could it be my low signal?"

I am hoping, instead of the "No, signal doesn't affect picture quality" myth, that they would get the correct answer, "Yes, a low signal could cause your poor picture quality."

This is written for all the people who have said "My picture is bad. Could it be my low signal?"

I am hoping, instead of the "No, signal doesn't affect picture quality" myth, that they would get the correct answer, "Yes, a low signal could cause your poor picture quality."
I do agree with this If the Digital signal is below What I would call the acceptable range. Constant drop outs or a signal thats barely there would need to be addressed. Now is the picture that has a very low signal ,but still maintains the picture without the lovely drop outs,I'd say no difference can be determained without a meter of some kind,then a signal thats very strong. Now length of your runs with a low signal,will have an effect as well.Again would need to be addressed. Improper installs ,old wires, improper wires,TV ,Receivers, Trees, bushes,and so many other things that can effect you signal as well.

I do agree with this If the Digital signal is below What I would call the acceptable range. Constant drop outs or a signal thats barely there would need to be addressed. Now is the picture that has a very low signal ,but still maintains the picture without the lovely drop outs,I'd say no difference can be determained without a meter of some kind,then a signal thats very strong. Now length of your runs with a low signal,will have an effect as well.Again would need to be addressed.
Exactly, if the signal is low enough to cause drop outs, repeaking the dish will stop that, of course. From what i gather that is not his point though.

Exactly, if the signal is low enough to cause drop outs, repeaking the dish will stop that, of course. From what i gather that is not his point though.
I think his point is No One believes that a low signal effects your HD PQ .While I do believe it can ,IF the signal is below the Acceptable range!But it will effect SD PQ as well But this is not rocket science.repeak your dish or repoint your anttena, cut down a tree,or buy an amp,or muiltiswitch.

I think his point is No One believes that a low signal effects your HD PQ .While I do believe it can ,IF the signal is below the Acceptable range!But it will effect SD PQ as well But this is not rocket science.repeak your dish or repoint your anttena, cut down a tree,or buy an amp,or muiltiswitch.
Yeah, below the acceptable threshold the signal will drop out. From his original posts and looking through his page though, I gather that he thinks peaking my dish (or OTA antenna) from (for example) 65% to 85% will make my HD SHARPER (the picture quality better). It will not make it "pop" any more than it did before, it will simply keep me from having drop outs. If drop outs is what he means by bad PQ (which is a stretch) then he is 100 percent correct.

Yeah, below the acceptable threshold the signal will drop out. From his original posts and looking through his page though, I gather that he thinks peaking my dish (or OTA antenna) from (for example) 65% to 85% will make my HD SHARPER (the picture quality better). It will not make it "pop" any more than it did before, it will simply keep me from having drop outs. If drop outs is what he means by bad PQ (which is a stretch) then he is 100 percent correct.
Everything you just said is ,what I gathered from his story as well. And No 65% signal will not be different then 85%. Not from a naked eye stand point. Maybe with a signal meter of some type ,but not sure what type of meter would be used for this. And you me and 90% of the people here know this. If this isn't true it needs to be proved.

This really is one of the strangest threads I've EVER read. I'm still not even sure what the OP is trying to do with his (mis)information? Are you trying to sell something...or what?

Obviously if I only have a 50% signal I'm going to experience video problems, from dropouts, to artificats, etc... I'm not sure why you had to go through all of that science to prove something that is very obvious. However if I'm locked in at 60% OTA, and the original signal is not being altered in anyway upon transmission, it will still be the SAME signal I would get at 80-90-or 100%! I don't understand why you think the picture is going to be any better.

And if I where a betting man, for those who voted, I would say these things:

The ones who voted "I have" are probably some of the best technicians out there.
I'd bet they are troubleshooters or "Top" guys in their organizations.
I'd also bet they have high attention to detail skills and take pride in their work.

All you asked was who had HEARD something that supported your point of view. The people who voted yes are simply affirming that they have herd it not that they agree with it. Similarly those who voted no are simply saying they have not heard it.

Bottom line... if the FEC can keep up with your 50% signal versus the 100% signal... you've got the SAME 1's and 0's. Which means it is the same exact picture. Of course we all know if you have errors well beyond the FEC rate then you get drop outs which cause the picture to freeze, error messages, etc.

Bottom line... if the FEC can keep up with your 50% signal versus the 100% signal... you've got the SAME 1's and 0's. Which means it is the same exact picture. Of course we all know if you have errors well beyond the FEC rate then you get drop outs which cause the picture to freeze, error messages, etc.
And that in a nutshell is all we need to know!! Later, Jeff!!!