What retailers carry Winegard SquareShooter?

ucsbgaucho

Original poster
May 20, 2004
Just wondering what retail stores carry the Winegard SS-1000. I want to buy it from a store so that if it doesn't improve my signal, I can return it easily. Didn't see it on RadioShack's website... Any suggestions of major retailers (Sears, CC, BB, etc)? Thanks!

Winegard Dealer Location

See this link from the Winegard site for dealer locations:
http://www.winegard.com/oddsearch.htm

I think you would be better off with Winegard GS2000A. It's rated 10 - 55 miles and the cross section view from the front, back or sides is smaller than the "square shooter". It has a built in preamp which will allow you to use a splitter for several TVs. VHF gain is 15.5 dB and UHF gain is 19.5 db. I am pleased with mine.

my problem is ive got 2 tower locations that I am trying to "see" with my antenna, and one of them cuts at an angle back through my apt building, the other is fine. So i can move the antenna around and get one or the other perfectly, but usually not both at the same time, especially at night when the signal drops. So I'd like to try the square shooter to see if it helps much, but want to be able to return it if needed. Looks like there's no Winegard distributors in my area, closest is San Jose (about a 45 min drive north for me).

The Square Shooter is fairly directional and may not work for your situation. See this link: http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/ss1000.pdf

Unfortunately, Wingard does not give much detail anymore about the GS2000A but I have mine aimed at St Louis towers at about 240 degrees and also pick up the Carbondale PBS at about 150 degrees. The GS2000A appears to be a dipole design so that is why it's beamwidth is so wide.

Don't waste your time- It's a POS. It doesn't work as good as a cheap set top antenna.

ucsbgaucho said:
Just wondering what retail stores carry the Winegard SS-1000. I want to buy it from a store so that if it doesn't improve my signal, I can return it easily. Didn't see it on RadioShack's website... Any suggestions of major retailers (Sears, CC, BB, etc)? Thanks!

red hazard said:
The Square Shooter is fairly directional and may not work for your situation. See this link: http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/ss1000.pdf

Unfortunately, Wingard does not give much detail anymore about the GS2000A but I have mine aimed at St Louis towers at about 240 degrees and also pick up the Carbondale PBS at about 150 degrees. The GS2000A appears to be a dipole design so that is why it's beamwidth is so wide.

The GS200A is the dealer's choice antenna, where it works. The amplified version costs less than the Suareshooter. The Squareshooter only works with UHF. The GS200A works well with low end vhf. The Squareshooter comes with the mounting arm. Big deal! All of us installers and dealers are up to our ears in these mounting arms.

A GS2000A mounted at the peak of a roof with a standard dbs mount is very discrete and non-intrusive to look at.

ranny said:
Don't waste your time- It's a POS. It doesn't work as good as a cheap set top antenna.
What an ignorant remark.

Quite possibly, where you live an omni antenna is called for, even if it's indoor. But your reception conditions are not the same as everybody else.

In my area, with all the DTV transmitters in the same place 25~35 miles away, the SS-1000 works perfectly. It's specifically designed for this application: directional UHF reception in suburban areas.

We've installed around a dozen so far and our clients couldn't be happier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts