This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What satellite does HD Absolute use?

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Is all the programming on 129? And is the Dish 1000 all I need for HD Absolute package ONLY? I get my locals from OTA antenna. In front of the dish are 3 LNB's. The problem is he had to install dish without a meter because his broke yesterday. He's going to come back and re-align dish with a meter. Some of the channels are going in and out. I hope it's just the alignment. The signal strength shows 37%. Thanks.

Thanks tsduke. Would it say 1000.2 on the dish? Because the receipt doesn't list what dish he installed. The 37% signal strength is pretty low, correct? What's a good signal strength?

I was expecting to hear 70-80%. Why is 37% considered good?

I live in southern Wisconsin. As far as your other 2 questions, I don't know.

I live in southern Wisconsin. As far as your other 2 questions, I don't know.

Well, you said you had 37% signal strength. To know that you would have to be on the signal strength page. If you look above the signal strength bar, you will see a few fields. Zip Code, Tuner (if you have a dual tuner) Satellite and Transponder. When you see 37%, what satellite is in that box, and what transponder does it show?

You still need 119 for the EEPG. I use 61.5, 110, and 119 for my HD Absolute subscription.